Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

quanvg
My Device: Not Specified

I got it. Syncing Blackberry Storm using Mac with Missing Sync

I just bought my Storm Sat and have been trying to sync for days. I have a IBOOK G4 running the latest TIGER OS. I read all you guys post and I think it all helped a lot. Im a new BB user so it took me awhile to figure the phone. Ok, so anyway to the good stuff. As mentioned I followed some of the other threads, installing Pocket Mac and the updated driver. Uninstalling and re-installing. Taking the battery out and all that. None of that worked for me either like some of you. Keep getting the error message. So, I broke down and bought Missing Sync. Still wouldn't work. So, tonight I uninstalled PocketMac and deleted all files associated with off my Mac. Then I brought Missing Sync up on my Mac. On your Storm go to Options then Memory. Click on Mass Storage Mode Support select On. Then when you see Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode I selected Prompt or you could do Yes. Save Changes. Then go to Missing Sync just set what your preferences are for sync and click Sync. Boom- you are good to go. 

This is what I did. It sync my Itunes and IPhoto and everything else. So, now Im at piece. Hope this will help someone. To everyone else thanks for your ideas cause it did help me with my dilemma, so I guess I will keep the Storm. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
habubrat

Re: I got it. Syncing Blackberry Storm using Mac with Missing Sync

I too couldn't use the Pocket Mac.  It was fairly useless, so purchased the Missing Sync software and am able to sync my calendar and so on.  I sincerely hope however, that BB will come out with a proper Mac Desktop App for the Blackberry like for the PC.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgg64

I just got the BB storm and and am having the same trouble as many seem to be.  Getting the error 1 skipping message even though I have downloaded pocketMac and driver.  My question to you is what is MissingSync and how do I get that?  Should I erase all BB stuff off of my computer and start over as you did?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WiseLeonidas

I keep getting this message in the sync log.

The Music plugin will be skipped. The device must support external memory cards, and the card must be mounted, to sync music.

The memory card that comes with it not enough? 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ruca1985

i managed to get both music and pictures onto my storm from my macbook, and from my storm to my macbook.

i had to go into options on the storm, then memory, then to "prompt" for auto enable mass storage mode when connected.

then i disconnected and re-connected the usb with pocketmac open on my macbook and it started synching. at first it synched everything BUT my music and photos. then i noticed when i plugged the usb back into my storm once more, two seperate blackberry harddrives appeared on my desktop, Blackberry1 and Blackberry2. I went into Blackberry1, then to the folder "home", then to the folder "user", then to the folders "music" and "photos" and just clicked and dragged music from my itunes library and photo library into those folders. then I tested it to make sure it worked. sounds great on the storm! it has to be done into the folders on Blackberry1 though, i tried it with Blackberry2 and even though it has the same folder names, when i tried to play the music i had dragged and dropped said it was an incompatible format. it's not the format, it's just the wrong drive.

hope this helps someone out, it worked for me! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rapsball4

PM was useless to me as well, even after about 3 hours on the phone with Blackberry support.  Got MS and it worked for about a month before it started causing weird problems - originally doubled-up calendar entries, now won't work at all.  According to the crackberry.com forums, its hit-or-miss software: works great for some with no problems, doesn't work at all for others, and no clear link as to why.  For me, it started out fine then just died out of the blue.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
nsudall
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Syncing my Blackberry Storm and Imac

I have read all the posts about syncing the storm to my Imac using pocketmac.  I am able to sync everything except iTunes and iPhoto.  I says this feature is unavailable as no media card is present.  There is a media card and I have gone into options and turned Media Card Support on, Encryption mode to none, Media Transfer Protocol to on and Mass Storage Mode to on.  It still won't work.  Can anyone help???PLEASE?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BillT

Re: Syncing my Blackberry Storm and Imac

I use doubletwist, a free media syncing/transfering application.  dt moves transfers movies, videos, music and photos to your blackberry taking care of any formatg conversions that may be necessary. even iTunes contenet (non-DRM) can be copied ot your device.

bonus points:

you can drag and drop youtube videos directly to your computer and then your BB.

send media toyour friends easily and without needed to zip up and try and email or without need of an FTP program.

dT works with your BB and palm and PSP and nokia and pretty much any mobile device you may have.

Free, too. check it out.

----
Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?

I don't know and I don't care.
Please use plain text.
carolstock
My Device: Storm 9530

Why can't I sync my blackberry storm with my mac???

Hello,

I have the latest version of blackberry desktop and my storm has been updated. I did not have any trouble initially but now with updates for the blackberry desktop manager installed I can not sync my blackberry with my mac. Drives me crazy have spent most of the day trying and trying and trying, speaking with technical support to now avail. What the heck, how frustrating, a waste to time. Wasted the day! Any suggestions?

Carol

Please use plain text.