Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T Mobile

I need your help urgently

I bought a new unlocked BlackBerry bold 9900 here in the US, and I bought a new Arabic physical keypad in order to change it with the original one.

BUT, I could not install Arabic language on my phone.

I followed the all instructions about adding langiuage via BlackBerry desktop software.

I don't see the core application of adding language.

I went to my TMobile carrier, they told me the same and they also failed to install language.

Please what can I do right now and my phone is a brand new, I need Arabic language to communicate with my family and friends.

I'm nit seeing the core application icon in order to add language.

Help me please

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I need your help urgently

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.
  • Use this KB to select the proper package, containing the language(s) you desire:
    • KB05305 Localization support for BlackBerry smartphones

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.

6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:

If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T Mobile

Thank you very very much.

I tried all your instructions, but it seems so complicated to me.

Unfortunately, I did not succeed.

I'm so tired of this phone, and I lost the hope to fix it.

This is my first BlackBerry phone and I'm feeling really disappointed.

You look so professional, and I'm really so thankful for your help.

Please, if you can, could I send my phone to you by mail and you install Arabic on it?

I'll really be so greatful. 

If you can't, No problem.. You were so nice and the only one who replied my post.

Really I do appreciate it.

Sorry, I could not do success with your wonderful instructions.

Hassan- Buffalo

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

There is nothing I can offer you outside of recommendations and instructions via this forum. I cannot accept delivery of your device nor work on it nor send it back to you. I am just another user, who happens to volunteer time here to give advice to those in need. It is unfortunate you could not follow those instructions...they have helped hundreds (thousands perhaps???) of folks achieve exactly what you desire. I suggest you find a local (to you) shop that can conduct those instructions for you, at whatever fees they will charge you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code