Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Infamous "The Computer must be connected to the Internet in order to ...."

I have been searching the internet for some time and none of the suggested solutions are working for me. Like an **bleep**, I followed the instructions to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.6 (4.6.0.12 to be exact) and now I can no longer configure my syhchronization settings. I have all firewalls turned off. I have no virus scanning software running. I am running XP with the latest service packs. My home network is configured through a Linksys router and I have tried DMZ'ing the host, opening the router and everything I can think of to get me connected. Still no luck. Has anyone found a sure-fire way to resolve this issue?

BTW, I am not a computer **bleep**. I have over 20 years of UNIX/Windows support and know my stuff. This software sucks so badly that I am about ready to get rid of my BB.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Infamous "The Computer must be connected to the Internet in order to ...."

you are so lucky because I just read this. It's not the same problem but it's the same remedy.
People, please all read :

THERE IS A WAY TO SHUT THE

AUTOMATIC-UPDATE-CHECK-FROM-HELL

OFF

it's here : http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/11/15/fix-discovered-for-os-upgrade-gone-haywire/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Sigh .... doesn't work. Same result -- the pop-up window with the same message.

New Contributor

So, digging into this a little more, I see that the Desktop Manager is opening an HTTPS connection to "blackberry.sk" and exchanging some information. The exchange works, but apparently, there must be sent back some information which invalidates the DM session?? Is there some authentication cookie that is not being properly sent? BTW, I get an error about an invalid cert for "blackberry.sk" when I just try to visit the site. It opens just fine with HTTP -- could the code actually be wrong???