Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
foglejr
My Device: Not Specified

Install & synchronization problems

I purchased a Pearl II with 4.3 software and have tried the installation, but have several problems.  I had a Curve previously and the 4.2 software worked fine.

On installation I received 3 Error 1904 messages, ( theSyncAE_pb.dll, DesktopSetup_pb.dll, GWApl.dll) all failed to register, but the software installed.  I cannot synchronize with my phone, but the the media manager and the backup and restore programs work ok.

Thanks

John

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
tamrock777
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Install & synchronization problems

I have a really stupid question so please ignore it if this is not the case...but did you uninstall the old desktop manager before?
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
tamrock777
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

It sounds like a bad install which could be caused by several things...including what I already mentioned. I have also seen it before when someone doesn't have admin rights to install software and also because of different anti-virus programs that are already installed on computers.
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
foglejr
My Device: Not Specified

I did not uninstall the previous version, and the 4.3 software uninstalled the earlier version.  I deleted all of the BB software and reinstalled with the same result.

I unstalled version 4.3 again and did a registery clean and installed version 4.2 with service pack 2 and it worked OK. 

Please use plain text.