Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

ftsalasjr
My Device: Not Specified

Intellisync error code 0x80040ff8, please refer to documentation

hello everyone,

i have a workstation that after confiriming the adress sync when syncing in intellisync via desktop manager states the error:

"Intellisync error code 0x80040ff8, please refer to documentation"

i then click ok and the sync terminates without going through the rest of the tasks, calendars, etc.  i have tried searching everywhere but to no avail on any details on this specific error code.

the workstation is running windows xp with desktop manager 4.5.  the bb is an 8830 running bb os 4.5.0.33.  no BES or BPS, everyone in our office is using BIS.

any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Intellisync error code 0x80040ff8, please refer to documentation

hello,

I don't know since I have never had this problem. But you can try and see in these discussions if you see the same issue. Maybe someone has found a way.

Hope this helps.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/search?board_id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&submitted=true&q=i...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
tata_funk
My Device: Blackberry 9700 Bold 2

Hi

I'm needing some help.

I Have a 8130 Curve and I'm using Outlook 2003

I've tried some solutions posted here but I still having problems to synchronize Calendar ( Error Code - 0x80040ff8)
I'm having this problems since I installed Desktop Manager V 4.7 and BlackBerry System 4.5
Any idea or solution will be really welcome!
Thanks in advance
Super Contributor
My Device: 9700

Have you tried to delete the intellisync folder and setting up the sync in desktop manager from scratch?

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\

(replacing<username> with the actual login from your windows machine)

Contributor
tata_funk

I deleted everything that was in the Intellisync folder (not the folder).

Then I sincronized from the scratch and the error came again. I made the sincro without the calendar and everything went fine. Perhaps is something with the Outlook's calendar database...(is making me crazy...)

Thanks for your reply! And if you have more ideas, they are welcome!

Cally

This may be a problem with re-occuring apponitments, birthdays etc.  Open up the appointment and change it such that it has an end date.  you must do this with each re-occuring appointment

It worked for me although took a long time o cheack each appointment.

Contributor
tata_funk

That's the f... solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
susan352

Hi all, I am new here looking for this same solution.

I will try this, but must say that I had no trouble syncing all my calendar, including recurring items until "suddenly" stopped writing from device to Outlook. Tried doing a one-way sync. reloaded DM from Tmobile. no dice.

I believe it still will sync from Outlook to device. so is this an outlook problem?

I am running Outlook 2003 on XP.

thanks to any genius out there.

Contributor
tata_funk

When I had that problem I go one by one date and changed (I have lots of them as a Whole Day Date and I changed it to an specific time)

It took me lots of time but it work.

"This may be a problem with re-occuring apponitments, birthdays etc.  Open up the appointment and change it "

Good look and continue asking if you don't find the answer.

Tata

susan352

thanks for the tip about not deleting the intellisync folder, etc. I am looking for recurring appoints as you say. i have hundreds of birthdays in here so don't want to delete them. maybe change the end date to sometime when i expect not to care anymore!

but so far still hangs. only calendar, everything syncs when i select it individually, such as tasks, addresses.

this has worked fine for over one year, then suddenly....

the only thing i had done was import some events from a file... maybe that was it?