Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Is Pocket Mac 4.1.25 THE LATEST VERSION????

My Blackberry curve 8320 just arrived.  I spent hours moving all my data from Palm OS on to Entourage - is there anything else special that I need to know before I do my first sync?

Thanx

Carole 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
OS 4.6.0.168

Re: Is Pocket Mac 4.1.25 THE LATEST VERSION????

Yes, it's the most recent available.

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
New Contributor

WORKED LIKE A CHAMP!!!!!! First time!

Am going to sell my Treo!!!! 

Contributor

I just moved over from a PC to a Mac a few months ago and I currently have a Palm Treo 755p and I will be getting the BlackBerry Storm next week. I read that there is a data transfer wizard on the BB disc which helps you import your data. Did you use that? If not, why not? How did you move all your data over to the BlackBerry, and how difficult was it?

Did your data keep the proper format or did it get garbled when you transfered from the Palm over to the BlackBerry?

I'm so used to using Palm Desktop when I'm on my computer to see my calander, contacts, and all my info consolodated into one program; what program are you using for that, Entourage?

The Palm Desktop program in Windows allows you to password the program so it won't even load up if you don't enter your correct password, but I don't see that feature available on the Mac version of Palm Desktop. I know Outlook allows you to pasword protect the program so it won't even open up if you don't enter the correct password; how can I configure Entourage to do the same thing? As it stands right now someone could simply click the Entourage icon and open the program and have access to all my data. Sometimes it's not practical to have to log out of your user account every single time, so it's easier to have password security on Entourage.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

New Contributor

You have to decide what desktop software you are going to use to replace the Palm Desktop.  I chose Entourage.

First you have

to export all your files, i.e. addresses etc to csv - Then you have to import them in to Entourage. Not the most friendly but it does work.  After

you have exported to Entourage then you HotSynce PocketMac with Entourage - it works perfectly.  I did spend many hours getting the files exported.  Now I am pretty used to it, though I do miss the Palm Desktop but

love my Blackberry Curve much better than my Treo

Hope this helps