Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9500
Accepted Solution

Is the 'Forget Device' command in Desktop Manager permanent?

Background: I had an error when trying to upload some music onto my blackberry 9500. I uploaded some stuff yesterday with no issues. Today I went back to upload a couple more tracks but I couldn't do anything because one of the tracks from yesterday was not in the right format. I deselected the checklists in the various iTunes playlists but still the error icon showed. 

So, I thought I would chose 'forget this device' and just uninstall and reinstall the Desktop Manager thinking this might reset things. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the DTM and even verified disk permissions on the mac (OSX 10.5) and I still can't get the DTM to recognise my Blackberry. Like i said it worked fine yesterday.

How do I get the DTM to 'unforget' it and forget about the song that caused this whole mess?

Sorry I don't have a very good description of the error and onscreen dialogs but I obviously can't see the screens in question anymore due to the DTM not letting me past the initial 'Connect your blackberry' screen.

New Contributor
My Device: 9500

Re: Is the 'Forget Device' command in Desktop Manager permanent?

Just bumping my own thread because I fixed it. I reset factory defaults on the blackberry itself because when you ask the DTM to forget your blackberry you are in effect telling your Blackberry to forget your DTM.

Here's a good link i found that shows you how:

http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2007/06/29/reset-a-blackberry-to-factory-defaults/

Visitor
My Device: blackberry 8330
My Carrier: verizion

will reseting get rid of all of your bbm contacts and address book? if so is there an alternate way to do it?

My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: cytavodafone

Hello,

I have a bold 9700 and I have the same problem as the fellow

"So, I thought I would chose 'forget this device' and just uninstall and reinstall the Desktop Manager thinking this might reset things. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the DTM and even verified disk permissions on the mac (OSX 10.5) and I still can't get the DTM to recognise my Blackberry. Like i said it worked fine yesterday.

How do I get the DTM to 'unforget' it and forget about the song that caused this whole mess? " 

Although I have already reset my phone based on the solution, It didnt work! Does anyone know what I should do??

I have mac OS X 10.6.6 and bb9700 bold>>

Thanks!

My Device: 8320 gold
My Carrier: t-mobile

Yes I found the problem too, how the solution? Is there still no solution for this? I use Mac book pro 17inch and blackberry curve 8320. I forget the device, reinstall my desktop manager and my handled with wipe handled to restore factory setting, and erase all my app. 

Could someone please tell us, how to solve this problem? Thanks

Regards

funno

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro (Brasil)

Hi all,

"When you ask the DTM to forget your blackberry you are in effect telling your Blackberry to forget your DTM." That makes sense but is there any other option to make BB unforget DTM? I really want to avoid enterprise activation.

Thanks!

Sandro