Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
Scottcarterwals
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

It's official! Media Manager is a POS!

I've only had a BlackBerry since early July of this year but I've finally come to the conclusion that Roxio's Media Manager that is bundled with the main application is a buggy POS!  The program only seems to open the first time after I've first installed it, if I try to open it up again after that...forget it...it won't open!  I'm always having to uninstall and reinstall to be able to use it.  I'm now officially taking it off my computer.  Why is RIM using this crappy software?
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: It's official! Media Manager is a POS!

Roxio Media manager works perfectly fine for many people, and is a POS for others. I guess RIM lets it inside the DM so that the first category of people can still enjoy using it's features.

As far as I am concerned, I don't use it. I use my Blackberry device as an external card reader and can drag'n'drop all my media files on my device, by just using the Explorer in Windows.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Jazzi
My Device: 8310 Curve

Re: It's official! Media Manager is a POS!

I have to say I am starting to agree with you. I can't even get the thing to work at all. All I get is a greyed out frozen screen. This is an absolute nightmare!! ALL I want to do is make some of my music into ringtones and put them on my BB8310 Curve.......I'm not interested in listening to music on it, that's why I have an Ipod. I can move pictures myself. The problem is that I want to have ringtones from music I own and the Roxio Media Manager leads one to believe that it can do it easily. IF IT WORKS apparently. *sigh*

Geez, you wouldn't think it would be that big of an issue. BTW I HAVE uninstalled and reinstalled (cleanly) dozens of times and even upgraded my darn audio and graphics card to meet the specs of the POS.

At this point I have to agree with you totally.......what were they thinking?