Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: T-Mobile 8320 Curve

Itunes & bb

Hello, I'm new on here. Question I already have the itunes media sync on my laptop and can transfer only some of my music to my curve, it appears that I can't transfer any music that I buy direct from itunes because of the copyrighted material. Is there anyway to get around this? I know that I can burn a playlist to a disk then import it that way to my phone, but I lose the song/artist info and just shows "track 1, track 2 ,etc..." Which is annoying.

I'm at the fork in the road now, i'm looking to step up the the new Bold/Storm or switch to the iphone. I love BB's but I want to be able to have my entire itunes libary on my BB, but so far I don't see a way to do so, unless someone knows how to get around this legally.As funny as it seems this is my deal breaker. Any advice to input would be very much appreciated.

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Itunes & bb

Yes, that is what you need to do, burn your bought iTunes to disk and rip again to the PC and save.

Or use one of the (not so ethical) app tools out on the internet which remove the DRM from the iTune.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the input so what app tools are you refering to that removes that DRM from itunes? Heck the way I see it (of course not itunes or BB) I purchased the songs on itunes legally I should be able to transfer it to my phone without any issues.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

mdr714 wrote:
Thanks for the input so what app tools are you refering to that removes that DRM from itunes?
He told you : burn your songs on a CD, then rip your CD to mp3 files.

mdr714 wrote:
Heck the way I see it (of course not itunes or BB) I purchased the songs on itunes legally I should be able to transfer it to my phone without any issues.

You have got it all wrong. it you download pirated mp3 on the internet, you can do all that. If you buy music on Amazon you can do all that. If you buy cheap songs on iTunes, you just can't (except to an iPhone).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thx for your input Xandrex, but I did understand what he said. I think you mis-understood my question. I have been burning my songs on a cd then rip them back on my laptop then sync them on my phone but by doing that you lose the song info such as title, artist, etc... Its not a big deal I was just asking if there was a way to get around it that's all.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

mdr714 wrote:
I have been burning my songs on a cd then rip them back on my laptop then sync them on my phone but by doing that you lose the song info such as title, artist, etc...

Then you should change your ripping software. When I have a CD audio, and rip it to mp3s, all the IDtags (name, artist, album, track, year...) are automatically filled by asking cddb.com .
I use cdex :
http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

there are some other software that will also add the jacket of the album.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: