Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

JVM 513 error then Device will not turn on!

Help!  I was trying to synch my Blackberry Curve 8320 for the first time in months (Pocket Mac just would not open up)....  and during the update of my device's software, it shut down and disconnecting from my computer.  When I turned it back on I got a JVM 513 error reset...  I reset the device a few times, unhooked it then plugged it back into to my mac... the software update process started again, then my phone just died, leaving the update frozen.  Now, I cannot turn my device on... the battery charge light gives two rapid red flashes-pause-two flashes... etc....  non-stop... Ive tried removing and replacing the battery, etc, to no avail.  ...  Help!

Thank you!

Retired
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: JVM 513 error then Device will not turn on!

I'm guessing that BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac did a backup of your BlackBerry, before doing the device software update? Did you see?

If it happened, then don't worry, your device data is backed up. You can use this backup to restore the data to ANY BlackBerry (even if you decide to switch to a different BlackBerry)

As for restoring your device, if you connect it to BlackBerry Desktop manager for Mac, then it should say "Connecting.." and then eventually realize that the BlackBerry needs software restored onto the device. It shouldn't be more than 5 minutes wait, while it says "Connecting..."

If that doesn't work, then do you have a Windows computer available? You can install BlackBerry Desktop Manager for windows. Connect your device, click on "Application Loader", and then click "Update your BlackBerry" (something along those lines)

If this doesn't work, I would suggest calling your carrier, and telling them about this. It should be no cost for them to restore the device software to your BlackBerry. Then, when you get it back and it's working, you can do a "Restore", and restore all your data back onto it. 

------------------------------------------------------