Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

ozzy73
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Lost connectivity between BB smartphone and desktop software

I've had my Blackberry for nearly two years and have been using the desktop software for Mac OS (mid-2011) for eighteen months.  However, for the last month I have not been able to establish any kind of connectivity between the phone and the desktop software.

I tried uninstalling the desktop and reinstalling, using a newer cable (which I've used successfully in the past), using different USB ports and bypassing my USB hub.

Yet still ... all I can actually do is charge up my phone.  I can do that with a wall outlet!  I'm now worried because I haven't been able to backup my device for weeks and can't get updates for my phone.

Any words of wisdom?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Adam8
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Lost connectivity between BB smartphone and desktop software

Hello :smileyhappy:,

For the time being I would use a different computer to backup the device if available or BlackBerry Protect (which can be found on BlackBerry Appworld).

As for the BlackBerry device not being detected by Desktop Software for Mac I will need to know a few things in order to better help:

What version of Mac OS are you running?

Does the BlackBerry device show up in Finder when connecting the device?

Is this a MacBook Pro/ Air/ iMac?

With the BlackBerry Connected select the apple symbol on the top left of your screen then select>About this Mac>More Info...>System Repot>USB on the left side. Do you see the RIM device listed?

We are trying to see if the Mac Operating system (Your Computer) can detect the device before Desktop Software does. In order for DTS (Desktop Software) to see the device, your Mac must see it.

Please use plain text.
ozzy73
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Re: Lost connectivity between BB smartphone and desktop software

Am running Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

It's a MacBook Pro

The RIM device is listed in the System Report

The BB device doesn't show up in the Finder

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Projecto
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900