Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

mberry
My Device: 9700

Lost my Desktop Manager Password

Any way to reset it?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Lost my Desktop Manager Password

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

DTM password? Are you sure? Could you perhaps be getting prompted, by DTM for your device unlock password? That's the only password I've ever seen in DTM...nothing DTM-specific. To help, please describe exactly the steps you are taking and exactly the result...where is is prompting you for a password and how?

Let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
winetrucker1
My Device: bold 9700

hi ive had my bb for almost a year now an when i went to send my pics to my pc via DTM guess what

ive forgotton my password so can any1 please help

thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

If, as I said above, you are needing your device unlock password, then there is no one who can tell you what it is. Only the person who created it can know it. There is no backdoor or super password to unlock a BB that has been assigned a device lock password.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
mkendrick14
My Device: Curve

I know this question was asked ages ago, but I just came across the problem myself (and also just realized what I was doing wrong). Yes, the DTM password is the same as your phone password, but if you're like me, and you think of your pw in numbers, then your problem should be solved by using the letters instead. Hopefully, that's all you need to do. If you forgot your phone password, then I'm terribly sorry, and I wish you the best of fortunes that you don't lose acces to your phone!

j0hnnyo1
My Device: BOLD 9780

This was the exact solution...for expample, if 1234 is your pw, wers is what you need to type on your desktop! Thank you! I was on attempt 10/10 and took the gamble....it paid off! thanks again!
asddcv
My Device: nike

[ Edited ]

thanks Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.