Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
get2nikhil
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Mac Address Book contacts do not transfer to Blackberry Bold 9780 handset

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am using a Macbook Pro with OS 10.7.2 and the Blackberry Desktop manager 2.2.1 (build 7) to sync my Blackberry Bold 9780 handset with OS6.

Previously the contacts from my Address Book were able to sync and update on my handset.

Since I have upgraded my Macbook to OS Lion (from Snow Leopard) the sync is giving problems.

All contacts on my handset have been erased (I checked replace all contacts on my device) and now the contacts cannot be added!

Any ideas to resolve this?

Thanks,

Nikhil

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Mac Address Book contacts do not transfer to Blackberry Bold 9780 handset

Hey get2nikhil,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

In BlackBerry Desktop Software click on Device>Forget Device.  Close down BlackBerry Desktop Software and unplug the BlackBerry and plug it back in.

Then Open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and setup the contact sync to overwrite the BlackBerry (one-way sync).  Then test the sync a few times.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
get2nikhil
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Hey ViciousFerret,

Thanks for your tip.

I've done this a couple of times. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.

Finally, I had to revert to the backup of my older handset and then restored the contacts to the new Bold3.

There is still a problem with synchronising the address book of my Mac OS Lion. With Snow Leopard this issue was never there.

Hopefully, Blackberry would release an update to their desktop software to resolve this problem.

Thanks,

get2nikhil

New Contributor
RichardJordan
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi,

Sorry I'm not writing to give a solution but to say exactly the same has happened to me with my Blackberry Curve 8520. In the Blackberry Desktop Software (v. 2.2.1.build 7), Contacts, the field where normally my contact groups would appear is completely blank.

Unfortunately I synced without paying too much attention and wiped all my contacts from my Blackberry :smileysad:

Very annoying.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

[ Edited ]

Hey get2nikhil and RichardJordan,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Do you have iCloud enabled?  If you do, you'll have to disable it for the synchronization to work properly.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
RichardJordan
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi,

I'm not too sure how you disable iCloud but from what I've read in forums this is not really, advisable what with iCloud being so temperamental - I don't want to lose all my contacts from my Mac as well!

Unless Blackberry can fix the BB Desktop Software so it will work with iCloud enabled I think I'll have to move over to iPhone.

thrunobulax
My Device: 9790

Indeed you do - if you disable contacts sync to icloud in prefences under icloud then Groups from Address Book appear and sync works. What a mess this needs sorting out since you run the risk of duplicating contacts on iclud when re-setting it to on and also could lose contacts.