Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Malware Concern with 460_B015_ENGLISH.EXE

I too am concerned about the possibility of malware in this. A few wks ago, I had to reformat my HD's due to severe virus infections (both laptop and desktop). Installed ZoneAlarm SS. Ha d excellent results for past 3 wks. Yesterday, I did a synch of my BB Curve. Last night somebody got control of my computer. Various windows opened, one of them Blackberry. Zone Alarm A/V scans find nothing. I did a search of exe files run yesterday and one of them was the 460_B015_ENGLISH.EXE file. I don't know if that is sig or not, but when I Googled is below. I would appreciate any feedback.

File Behavior

460_B015_ENGLISH.EXE has been the subject of the following behavior:

• Created as a process on disk
  • Deleted as a process from disk
Country Of Origin

The filename 460_B015_ENGLISH.EXE was first seen on Aug 28 2008 in the following geographical regions of the Prevx community:

• HAITI on Aug 28 2008
  • The EUROPEAN UNION on Sep 12 2008
  • The UNITED STATES on Oct 8 2008
Filesizes

The following file size has been seen:

• 117,019,993 bytes
  • 151,578 bytes
  • 2,636 bytes
Vendor, Product and Version Information

These files have no vendor, product or version information specified in the file header.

File Type

The filename 460_B015_ENGLISH.EXE refers to many versions of an object.

Solutions: 6,169
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Malware Concern with 460_B015_ENGLISH.EXE

I don't know where you download your Desktop Manager from, but I would highly advise downloading it ONLY from the RIM downloads...

Download Desktop Manager from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

You can rest assured this ^^ will not be infected or full of malware or whatever you suspect.

Then, you can ignore any of your fears of any problems from it. Do a clean uninstall of the current version if you are convinced there is a poltergeist.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code