Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
bc8483
My Device: blackberry curve 8500

Manager won't connect

I've used it many times for transferring photos to/from PC, all the sudden yesterday it just keeps saying "connecting....connecting..."  Well, it tried all night.  I tried rebooting pc this morning....still...same thing.

any ideas? I desperately need to transfer photos regularly for my work and I'm going to get behind.

Barbara

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Manager won't connect

Hi and welcome to the forums!

It may be due to a low memory issue on your device, before you plug in the USB cable I would suggest you clear your browser cache on the device, then do a hard reset (as listed below.) Then try connecting your device.

I have also attached a great article on trouble shooting connection problems.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB03865 How to clear the BlackBerry Browser cache

KB02141 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone

KB00125 BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot detect the BlackBerry smartphone

KB14320 How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Visitor
Mickeybear74
My Device: 9800 Torch

Hi. I have tried all tips on this page and nothing seems to work. BB desktop tools sees the device, but cannot acces the media files. I don't have a media card and use the default on board media. A day ago all was well... It just started today. Can anyone out there offer help please
Forums Advisor I
arthur72
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.2.1.3175), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Hi Mickey

Welcome to the Community 

I'd suggest you to write in your own thread to obtain faster assistance from others as this is 2 years old thread.

The easiest is to restore your computer into the day the BlackBerry Desktop Software able to access your media.