Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

bberry-858
My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager Does Not see my 8310 as a connected device - Desktop Manager 4.5 does though

I have an 8310 using version 4.5.0.15 of Desktop Manager and the Media Manager build 940B23B ENU that came with this version of Media Manager. My BB OS is v 4.2.2.170 and I'm using XP SP2 on two disfferent machines that have the same issue.

Desktop manager recognises my device just fine, sync's, backs up, etc. But when i run Media Manager it fails to see my device connected? I receive a message  saying:

"There is no device connected. Please connect your device in order to view its contents" 

I'm able to move files between the PC and my BB using Windows Explorer but that kinda defeats the purpose of RIM bundling software with this phone, is there a fix?

New Contributor
jmorton

Re: Media Manager Does Not see my 8310 as a connected device - Desktop Manager 4.5 does though

FYI   I have the same problem with the 8320 and I started having that problem with 4.3 after having used it successfully.  I thought there might have been some kind of blackberry broadcast virus or something but havent heard a thing about it.
New Contributor
sandypann

Re: Media Manager Does Not see my 8310 as a connected device - Desktop Manager 4.5 does though

I'm having the same exact problem. Came here to find a fix, any ideas? Thank you!
MeToo

[ Edited ]

Recently purchased my 8310, I'm having the same problem.  It appears that this problem has persisted for some time, did anyone find a fix?

Message Edited by MeToo on 10-08-2008 12:59 PM