Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager not Recognized in 4.7

I just got my Curver 8319 about a week ago.  I don't have micro sd card yet.  So I'm trying to get the pictures that are on my 8310 from it to my computer.  I installed the software from the site because I can't find my disc that came with it, and the Media Manager is completely greyed out....meaning I can't select it at all.  I uninstalled it then reinstalled it WITH MEDIA MANAGER, and I am still getting the same thing.  So I uninstalled that one and reinstalled it in the multilanguage version of 4.7 WITH MEDIA MANAGER and I still cant select it. 

What the h*** is going on.  I ahve spent literally all day on this and I'm a single parent of a one year old so I don't have this kind of time to be spending on this.  But I need to find some way to get the pics off of it onto my computer.  Oh and because I'm using the internal memory on the 8310 I don't ahve the option of having my computer recognize it as another drive when I hook it up via the usb cable.  It does recognize it but when I click on the drive it asks me to enter a disk into the drive, so that tells me it's not able to access the internal memory. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Media Manager not Recognized in 4.7

if you had a media card, you would be able to see the files in it with just a USB cable. a 4GB card costs about 6USD on Amazon...

if you don't want to buy one, you will have to either email the pictures to yourself, or find a way to use the Media Manager.
Unfortunately, that tool seems to be either very easy to use, or an utter hell on earth depending on the PC.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: