Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
bigmtnskier
My Device: Not Specified

Media Sync Doesn't Connect With Connected 8330

I have an 8330 and Destop Manager v4.6 (Windows XP).  My 8330 has a media card in it.  When I open Desktop Manager, it recognizes and names my Blackberry.  When I open Media Sync from there, at the top the device changes from "none" to my blackberry, but a message comes up that says, "Blackberry Media Sync failed to connect to your BlackBerry device.  Click Connect to try again or Cancel to disconnect".  However, the Blackberry is definitely connected because I can transfer data in Windows Explorer or other applications.  If I hit "retry" it just pops the same windor back up.  If I hit "cancel" it still shows my Blackberry at the top, but in the middle/left it says "Please connect a BlackBerry device.  Please help me!!! Thank you!
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Media Sync Doesn't Connect With Connected 8330

Hi and welcome to the forums,

There are two processes that may be in play.

BBdevmgr.exe and RIMdevmgr.exe come up when the DM is started and facilitate the PC/BB

connection. However they don't always close properly. Try closing these processes and

then open Media Sync, MS will open the processes fresh.

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter