Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
codyhempel
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Media Sync Issue

I am having issues with the new Desktop Software 6 and Media Sync.  Instead of pulling up my iTunes info, it seems to be pulling up any music on my entire computer. 

I have seen two other threads marked "solved" that aren't.  One simply bashes Blackberry for not having a contract with iTunes, which isn't the case if you've got the .m4a files instead of .m4p.  Also one saying you can download Media Sync 5 which has already been removed from the website.

I am running Windows 7, Blackberry software 4.5.0.169, and iTunes 10.0.1.22.  All of these are the latest versions. 

Has anyone found an actual solution to this yet?

PS-

Blackberry: I have already ordered two Torches from AT&T for when my Alltel service transitions to them in January, but will certainly cancel them if I can't sync as I used to.  Might as well get an iPhone in that case.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
parlabane
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Media Sync Issue

Is it using Windows Media Player by default?  It supports them both. Sometimes Media Player indexes all your music and Media Sync will detect that it has more songs than iTunes so default to it.

You can change this in the Device menu, Device Options, Media, Music Source.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
HOLLIS47
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9800 TORCH

I have had my BlackBerry Torch 9800 for over 4 months.  I have spent hundreds of hours attempting to resolve issues between the new desktop software and the torch.  I understood that any new devices (with new software) and new desktop software have problems and take time to resolve but this issue is becoming ridiculous.

I have not been able to sync any media files to the new torch 9800 with the new desktop software.

The error message is as follows.

BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE

MEDIA SYNC

"Media services are not available

You need to turn on mass storage mode from the connected blackberry device to use this feature.  This may require you to reconnect your device."

My entire research has been through blackberry websites, blackberry forums, you tube, etc.  There is absolutely nothing on the internet to resolve this issue.  All resolutions have been for outdated device software or outdated software for smart phones or outdated software for the torch 9800.  Take your pick.

I have attempted cold boots, hard boots, reformatting the micro disk, reinstalling the device software and desktop software.

Issue resolutions have been to simply turn on the mass storage mode.  THERE IS NO APPLICATION FOR TURNING ON THE MASS STORAGE MODE FOR THE TORCH 9800.  There are outdated resolutions on the blackberry websites for software displays, instructions to resolve this issue that does not correspond to the torch. 

My phone provider states this is an issue with BlackBerry and its numerous companion companies.  This is the only forum I found to even come close to bringing up the issue with BlackBerry.  I have never in my life purchased a product that the company refuses to have an customer service device to answer issues with its products performance.  I am ready to give up and return the product in the coming days.  I cannot continue to carry a device that only works 50% of its total compacity.  I may have to change phones due the outrageous customer service.  If BlackBerry does not have confidence for its product, why should I?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ranlod
My Device: 9800

Hi Holli,

Did you get this issue solved? I have the same problem, everything was working fine until just this month when I tried to sync media. I do this about once a month and my last sync was in Jan.

I have an 8900 and it works fine so I am think this is specific to the 9800 Torch, somehow.

Looking forward to hearing from you as my frustration levels are high also

Please use plain text.
Glyncoman
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Hello  there,

I totally agree, Its criminal that Blackberry haven't yet addressed this issue with the Blackberry Torch, I've managed to get the Torch to sync only my photos and videos, as for my music sync no joy what so ever, also Wify sync will not work or connect, have Wify printing app working and UMA so Wify connection with my provider has been established. 

Please use plain text.
MsPriss327
My Device: Torch 9800

Has anyone found a way to resolve this problem?  I am experiencing it too. 

Please use plain text.