Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

MMedland
My Device: Not Specified

Media Sync and windows 7

Hello,

Apparently windows 7 and media sync do not currently work together. What I mean by this is that when installing Blackberry Media Sync I receive a message explaining to me that "an unsupported operating system was detected. The following operating systems are supported: Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista." After this, the installation explains that it will now exit without setting up. Is there something that I can do to get around this. I mean obviously I can just remove the SD Card and insert it into my laptop that way to make change but I would much rather be able to make changes to my media through the Desktop Manager.

Thanks for any help in advance.

DataCabbitKSW

Re: Media Sync and windows 7

You can try running the program in Compatability mode (for Vista or XP), or if all else fails and your system is new enough, try out the Virtual Window XP mode and install/run it from that.  Hopefully that should do it for you. By the way, I hope you are running the Windows 7 RC (or later) and not the beta. The beta will stop working soon, but the RC will keep working through June 1 of 2010 (with 2 hour reboots starting on March 1st of 2010). With the retail release happening on October 22nd of this year that gives plenty of time to keep evaluating and then switch over before the RC times out. If you haven't gotten the RC yet, get it from TechNet over here: http://tinyurl.com/832nco

Trusted Contributor
kairosgrammy

MMedland wrote:

Hello,

Apparently windows 7 and media sync do not currently work together. What I mean by this is that when installing Blackberry Media Sync I receive a message explaining to me that "an unsupported operating system was detected. The following operating systems are supported: Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista." After this, the installation explains that it will now exit without setting up. Is there something that I can do to get around this. I mean obviously I can just remove the SD Card and insert it into my laptop that way to make change but I would much rather be able to make changes to my media through the Desktop Manager.

Wow, kinda sidetracking you. I didn't realizing that Windows 7 was out already. Is it better than Vista??? (Aside from your current syncing issue)

MMedland

Thanks for the input, I am using Win 7 RC and it is really nice. I find it to be quite a bit faster than windows vista, I like it so much I have pre-ordered the release edition. Anyways I will try the install in vista compatibility and then work from there that is a good idea that I had not thought of attempting.
Trusted Contributor
kairosgrammy

Thanks for the info. Vista is enough to tick you off.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

MMedland wrote:

Hello,

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You can use a PC to transfer info between the PC and the media card.
Basically you will attach the USB to the BB and the PC. Don't use desktop
manager. Go to "My Computer" on the PC and the BB will show as a flash drive.
Then you can "drag and drop" files to the BB.
Use the following settings in the memory option of the Storm:

Media card support ON

Encryption mode NONE

Media transfer protocol ON (Storm and Bold only)

Mass storage support ON

Auto enable Mass storage support when connected ON

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter