Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Sync "No Itunes Playlists exist"

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version Media Sync and installed it on my laptop together with the latest version of Desktop Manager to connect to my Blackberry Storm.

However, when I ran Media Sync for the first time it didnt ask me to name the Blackberry device, it simply opened saying I had no Itunes Playlists. Whereas I have lots.  Also the "Options" on the top bar of the window was also greyed out - although the "Help" Button is available.

Nothing changes when I connect the Storm apart from it brings up the Blackberry ID in the top left hand corner.

I have trid uninstalling both Media Sync and Desktop Manager and then reinstalling them but the problem still exisits.

All my tunes are MP3 and not DRM protected. Nor are they on a network.

I have installed the same software on a desktop machine and it works fine. I just cant seem to get it to work on my laptop.

Doe anyone have any ideas to help me.

Thanks very much

Confused, Martin

dls
New Contributor

Re: Media Sync "No Itunes Playlists exist"

I have almost the same issue.  Same parameters (reinstalls, no DRM) except my lists are (and every other choice is) greyed out--I am on a network (and a laptop), but the Blackberry software and iTunes are both on the local drive.  Media Sync sees iTunes (it shows the number of songs loaded and shows the recently downloaded number and the recently played--all correctly), but all greyed out.  If I ask it to download album artwork, it goes through the motions of trying to send for the various songs, but of course transfers 0.
Highlighted
dls
New Contributor

Re: Media Sync "No Itunes Playlists exist"

Okay, finally a solution to the greyed playlist problem I had.  After installing the latest storm version .148 and all updates to Media Synch, I still had greyed out playlists when running Media Synch.  I had tried taking my computer off the network, moving the location of the iTunes library and changing the iTunes path in iTunes preferences, but nothing had worked.  Then with all the updates, and a reboot of the computer, suddenly 16 songs synched.  I looked at all the data on these songs and noticed all were listed as m.4a, none as mp3, while many of the songs were showing up as mp3's, but no real consistency (not all songs showing as m.4a converted and some of the songs were in the iTunes folder and some outside of the folder but linked through iTunes.  All said they had been AAC converted and all played on iTunes.  There is no DRM issue.  For no particular reason, I decided to convert some songs in the iTunes menu to AAC even though they already showed as AAC.  Bingo, the greyed out boxes for music and recently imported which had appeared for the 16 songs now showed the newly converted songs and the synch worked with album art.  I converted every song in my iTunes library  by highlighting the whole library in list form and using the pull down AAC convert command to dop a batch conversion.  A duplicate of each song appeared below the original.  I deleted all the originals from the library (time consuming and annoying), but when done, every newly converted song synched and the grey playlist problem was gone.  All album art transferred.  I leave it to someone else who understands the software to figure out what happened, but I will now make sure each new song that I put in iTunes is converted if it doesn't immediately appear as an additional song to synch in the playlist for new songs.