Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Media Sync

Does anyone know if the new Media Sync download can be downloaded to Mac computers?  If not how do Mac users get their I tunes to their blackberries.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Media Sync

Ironically, Media Sync only supports iTunes running on Windows.

As long as you have a BlackBerry device with a microSD card you can connect it to your Mac via the USB cable and copy files directly from iTunes to the device via the Finder. You can find instructions here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11850

Contributor

Thank you very much will try it.  does it take up alot of memory. It seems that when you add too many applications or take up to much memory on the blackberry it locks up or you have to do a "hard reset" will this happen?
lbn
New Contributor

Thanks for posting this link, I had the same question as the person you responded to. I am a first timer with BB, I have a BB 8300 Curve. My only question to you is, in Step 2 of: To transfer media files between the media card and the Apple Macintosh computer

Where is the storage drive icon? Is it on my BB or my Mac? (I am a first time user to both devices!)

Thanks! 

Contributor

lbn wrote:

Thanks for posting this link, I had the same question as the person you responded to. I am a first timer with BB, I have a BB 8300 Curve. My only question to you is, in Step 2 of: To transfer media files between the media card and the Apple Macintosh computer

Where is the storage drive icon? Is it on my BB or my Mac? (I am a first time user to both devices!)

A drive icon should appear on your Mac desktop. It should be a square-ish white icon and depending on the microSD card you use, it will probably appear with a caption of "no name" or "untitled."

Contributor

mahogany1 wrote:
Thank you very much will try it.  does it take up alot of memory. It seems that when you add too many applications or take up to much memory on the blackberry it locks up or you have to do a "hard reset" will this happen?

By memory, if you mean flash memory (your microSD card) it will use as much as the files you put on it. If you're talking about the device memory, I haven't had any problem with it freezing or anything while playing music.