Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Media manager does not see my device

Ok, I am new to this so please bare with me.

My Desktop Manager sees my Blacberry as connected, but the Media Manager does not.

As per the only help instruction I have uninstalled the Media Manager since they said that one of the cause could be that the Media Manager is an older version, so I uninstalled it. The instructions then instruct to reinstall... from where? Obviously if I do reinstall from the CD it will be the same version, which I did, and the problem is the same?

Any one has better clarification on this?

I have a Blackberry Curve.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Media manager does not see my device

[ Edited ]

Hi aderoo,

Do you have a media card?  If so please be sure to enable mass storage mode when you connect to the PC.  Also, it could be that you have other Roxio software on the PC.  All Roxio and Sonic software must be removed prior to installed the media manager.

Cheers

Message Edited by Bolder on 07-03-2008 07:20 PM

A Media card? No... is this a requirement?

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to BlackBerry' but not IT. Doesn't seem rather odd you have to have "other" Roxio products removed to see your device? 

Do you know if removing Roxio v. 10.x , re-installing Roxio Media Manager for Blackberry, and then re-installing other Roxio products will allow Roxio for Blackberry to still function properly?

If not perhaps if not it would be a good idea if Roxio made plugins for their other products, don't you think?

I have this identical issue, on two different machines, but both have Roxio 10.x installed, which is a pain and very time staking to remove, and re-install, if afterwards the Blackberry version will still not recognize the devices?

Thank you for your input,

ItTechy

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

As odd as it seems, it is the case with the Roxio media manager.  Perhaps there are other things wrong, but it is recommended to remove anything roxio on the pc.

Something else to try - if the device has a media card, be sure that you can access that card via my computer.  If you don't see the BlackBerry there, then check mass storage mode on the device(it should be on) and check Disk Management on your pc to see if the BlackBerry has a drive letter.  It is common in a work environment for network drives to take the default drive letters that the BlackBerry uses.

Cheers 

Contributor

Delete your current version of blackberry desktop manager with roxio. Go to blackberry website and download desktop manager 4.2.1 (prior to roxio disaster). It might not be new but it works and is reliable. I did it and have had no problems with it, other than converting itunes and wma songs from walmart, etc. but then again the device won't do that anyway with or without roxio.

good luck