Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: *

Merging multiple back-up files before storing them on a blackberry Torch 9860

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to merge data from multiple blackberry smart phones to one folder before storing the information onto my new phone?

Whilst my phones were being repaired in the past and more recently, I had no choice but to use older phones that were unable to take the data from my more advances blackberry. This has resulted in me having different information in different back-up files. Please help!

Thank you

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Merging multiple back-up files before storing them on a blackberry Torch 9860

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Automatically, no. Manually, yes. There are 3rd party PC apps that can extract the data from the proprietary-formatted backup files and provide them to you in a human usable format (xls, csv, txt, etc.). From that, you can then manually merge all of the information together.

Getting that back onto your BB might be a bit challenging...I don't know if any of those 3rd party PC apps work the other way around (convert from human readable to BB-proprietary format), so you might instead need to conduct some other available processes. There is a process to import a CSV file of Contact items to a BB, and you can also get your data into a compatible PC PIM (e.g., Outlook) and use the available synchronization methods.

If you need any further details, just ask!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.