Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Firewalker96
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac sync Contacts and Calendar issues

OK, so I have a Macbook Pro with OS X Mountian Lion. I have Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac installed. Asked @BlackberryHelp on Twitter how to sync my Blackberry Torch with Outlook as it seems to default to using the builtin Apple Contacts and Calendar instead of Outlook. So they sent me the link to KB19148: "How to synchronize organizer data in Microsoft Office for Mac between the BlackBerry smartphone and a Mac computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software". So I turned on the Sync Services in Outlook and it gave me the dialog box confirming that everything was synced. And it appeared to copy and sync whatever Contacts in the Apple Contacts and calendar entries in the Apple Calendar into Outlook and vice versa. Cool since that's what I wanted.

Then I tried using the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync everything to my Blackberry Torch 9810. Everything looked like it synced until I opened my Blackberry and all my Contacts were gone. Same with my Calendar entries, except that the Calender entries were hit and miss to whatever copied over (some Calendar entries were missing and others were duplicates). Checked the Apple Contacts and all of them were gone. But when I opened Outlook, everything was there and all OK. 

So am I missing something? Turning on Sync Services in Outlook should sync all my Contacts and Calendar with my Blackberry when I use Blackberry Desktop Manager, correct? So why is it still syncing with the Apple Contacts and Calendar (and why did it delete all my Apple Contacts and mess up my Apple Calendar)?

Good thing I backed everything up first so restored everything. But I have all my updated Contacts and Calendar in Outlook and I still need to sync all of that. I don't want to manually do it. So how do I fix this??