Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
mdtx001
My Device: Not Specified

Missing Media Manager after 4.3 Upgrade

I had Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 installed on my laptop, and Media Manager was installed and working.  I upgraded to Desktop Manager 4.3 and now Media Manager is not there.  I checked another PC that has Desktop 4.2 SP2, with Media Manager and it still works for my device.  Have I done something wrong?  I have a BB 8700c through AT&T.  I am running Windows XP.  I have already tried a Repair and a Reinstall. 

Thanks

Regular Contributor
Ben

Re: Missing Media Manager after 4.3 Upgrade

You likely downloaded a copy that did not include the Media Manager software. 

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/

Make sure you get the copy with media manager.   It should be between 200 and 300 MB is size, depending on language selection.

New Contributor
mdtx001

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I have Desktop Softwarea v4.3 (Multilanguage).exe.  The file size is 339,292kb.  I opened the install package using WinZip and there is an .msi for Media Manager, and it does prompt for it when conducting a Custom install.  I will try the download again just to be thourough and see if that changes anything.
Regular Contributor
Ben

Well, that certinaly should have it.   It may be an older install was corrupt and hasn't uninstalled properly.   This document references an older version of the Desktop Manager, however its steps are still relevant when removing files:

How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

Trusted Contributor
frfghtr
My Device: Storm 9530 / PlayBook 64GB

Ben wrote:

You likely downloaded a copy that did not include the Media Manager software. 

Make sure you get the copy with media manager.

I knowingly made that mistake the first time. I had the assumption that the media manager ran independently from the desktop manager and there was no need to update it.

Wrong! :smileysad: