Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My Laptop with Vista won't even recognize my Blackberry Pearl 8100 AT ALL???

I have vista....could this be the reason my computer won't even recognize my Blackberry Pearl 8100? I mean nothing at all...what is wrong?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: My Laptop with Vista won't even recognize my Blackberry Pearl 8100 AT ALL???

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Reference to the thread two down from yours;

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=4...

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the checkmark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: My Laptop with Vista won't even recognize my Blackberry Pearl 8100 AT ALL???

I already have everything I need installed....it just won't recognize it at all...do you think it may have something to do with my cord?

Guru I

Hi,

USB breakdown by XANDEX:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...

USB troubleshooting procedure:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02640&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the checkmark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Still nothing....do I have to have a media card in order for it to work properly?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

with Windows Explorer, the Blackberry is seen as an external memory card reader. Does this work for you now ?
As you don't have a memory card, if you click on it, the Explorer will say that there is nothing in that card reader.

If you have that message, it means the USB connection is fine. If not, then you have to do do what is written again.

About the Desktop Manager, you don't need a memory card.

About the general use of the Pearl, you don't need a memory card either but it is strongly recommended otherwise there are many features of the Pearl that you won't be able to use easily (storing music, taking pictures).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Wait...what do you mean by windows explorer? Do you mean internet explorer? I am not very happy with vista there are many things I can't do on my laptop because of it. I am thinking about taking my blackberry to work and seeing if it works on our laptop. They have the same brand I have but I'm going to use there blackberry's usb cord and take mine and see if maybe it's the cord....maybe I'll get somewhere then. I'll let you know how it goes.
Guru I

[ Edited ]

Hi,

No we are talking about the old "file manager" explorer that shows you the files and folders on

your hardrive. If you plug the BB into the USB cord and plug the USB into the PC then the BB

as a drive but not formatted.

Understand or not?

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-07-2008 11:10 PM