Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

My computer does not "see" my Blackberry pearl - please help!

Hello,

I recently purchased blackberry pearl and so far I've been really happy with a device except for one thing - I can't get it to sync with my PC! Every time I connect it to my computer, it cannot "see" the phone. The only indication that USB port is working is that the phone battery is charging. I really want to use my phone abilities to their fullest, please help! I installed a desktop software but it doesn't see the phone either (every time I click on Media manager icon, I get a message instructing me to connect the phone to computer)

Thank you! 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: My computer does not "see" my Blackberry pearl - please help!

After connection handheld through USB cable go to desktop manager -> Options -> Connection settings -> click detect. Your handheld will be connected...

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My computer does not "see" my Blackberry pearl - please help!

If the above does not work, try the following:

1. Try plugging the USB into a different port on the computer.

2. Reboot your computer.

3. While the BB is plugged into the computer and the desktop manager is open, pull the battery out of the BB. Leave it out for 30 seconds. I know this seems odd but I have tried it with many of my clients and it's worked.

Also, sometimes using a docking station for a laptop causes problems. 

~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein