Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My yahoo email was hacked into via my Blackberry 8530 Curve

BTW, In case anyone is interested, the IP address from which the unauthorized logins occurred is: 74.82.68.144
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

harpplayertherapy wrote:
I have a different Blackberry model but noticed that whenever I updated my password for my email account, and then updated it on my phone, within 1-2 minutes, my account would show an unauthorized login from a different country. I looked up the IP address from the unauthorized login and it was Research In Motion's IP address for their Ontario, Canada location.

This has nothing to do with the previous users thinking their BlackBerry or Yahoo email has been hacked.

What you're experiencing is normal for the RIM servers to login and verify those settings.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Well, I was having the same problem that the other person was having with unauthorized use of my account where someone was sending spam to my contact list. I left that off so I could be brief since I was jumping into this in the middle of the conversation. My issue was identical to the previous posts. However, I just found out that RIM has logged into my account without my updating the password for my Yahoo account on any of our 3 Blackberry phones. How is this possible? Right now all of our Blackberry phones are set where they recognize the Yahoo account as invalid.

harpplayertherapy wrote:
Well, I was having the same problem that the other person was having with unauthorized use of my account where someone was sending spam to my contact list. I left that off so I could be brief since I was jumping into this in the middle of the conversation.

Well, no one reads minds here, The best solution would have been for you to create your own help thread, since 7%% of your questions above having nothing to do with your yahoo account sending spam emails.

Anyway, change the password on your Yahoo account at your Yahoo email server login.

Those scum wishing to use your account can still run password generators on and use your Yahoo email if they really really want to, and the other scum who just send spam email from random accounts, don't need a password anyway, they just spoof the account and send the spam.

RIM servers log in to your email server constantly and push email to your BlackBerry.

Believe, no one at RIM is sitting around personally logging into your three Yahoo email accounts. Why would they?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Sorry to imply that you should have a crystal ball handy! ;-) How can RIM log into Yahoo when I have not given them the password? All my Blackberry phones show a request to validate the Yahoo address which has not been done and yet RIM is still logging in.

Why would RIM want to hack into your Yahoo email?

For what purpose?

What would they gain, does your email hold all of Apple's seekrits?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Sorry but I am not a hacker and don't have a crystal ball either. I am presenting the situation from my end. If you are saying that RIM is simply logging into my Yahoo account for verification purposes only and I have not given them my password, then someone is hacking in without my permission through RIM's IP address. It is either someone within the company or else their security has been breached and hackers are accessing their database from outside the company. Your responses are sounding like an old Saturday Night Live skit.

If you've never given "them" your password, then, then I think you're just confused.

IF you have, however, set up your account on your BlackBerry, that's a different story.

And, in the long run, remember this:  This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. If you have a question directly for RIM, contact them through your mobile network provider.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Actually, if you read my previous posts, you will see that I did set up my Yahoo account through my Blackberry phone previously. I also stated that currently all 3 phones show my Yahoo account as invalid which I double checked before even posting on this website. However, RIM is still logging into my account via IP address 74.82.68.144. Is it correct that RIM should only be able to log into my Yahoo account if I have that account validated on my phone? I appreciate the time you spend and a fellow volunteer and thank you for your help. I have contacted RIM but saw the posts on this website and thought I could maybe get closer to a solution. The others who have had their Yahoo accounts hacked into posted a similar series of events to what I have experienced. I just had researched my own situation a little deeper and found out the IP address. But more importantly a login has occurred on a my Yahoo account which is no longer validated on my Blackberrys from RIM's Canada IP address. Thanks again for your help and I will wait to hear back from RIM.
Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9330
My Carrier: verizon

I have similar but different problem with email hi-jacked

I have the blackberry 9330 and this is the second time I had this problem.  I can't remember what I did the first time to fix it.  What happens is that I open an email which I think is legitimate (anything I don't know, I just delete), and then someone attaches thier email to my email.  I'm guessing this is a phishing technique used to get email addresses/contacts, etc.  Then what happens is that my emails get sent to this email instead of mine.  The way I know this is happening, is that when I put the cursor over my email address, it shows the other person's email, or when I go to type in the email address on an email, that email address comes up as I print my address (some times I send myself emails so I remember things to do later - kinda like a note).  So far this time I erased all email accounts from my phone several times, pulling the battery each time to reboot the phone, without success.  When I put my account back on the phone, the other address is still there (I don't have any issue with my email account on my other computers).  I tried to look in address book for this email address and it's nowhere to be found to be deleted.  I am looking for a way to get this contact off my phone.  I read the past emails in this chat and found how to turn off the automatic email search and that has helped me send emails once again to my own account without them getting sent to this other person, but I also want to fix the problem so this person is not getting any information off me, addresses, contacts, etc.  Is there a way to find where this cookie, virus, etc is located in the phone?  Someway to delete email sent memory?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Woody