Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
lontjc
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: NEW PC DESKTOP SOFTWARE LOCK UP

The only problem free solution, posted elsewhere, is to uninstall V7 then download V6.   It only took about 10 minutes to get back to where I was pre V7 where everything works normally, including sync between Outlook and Curve 8520.   I'm steering well clear of V7 until it is definitely bug free.   This broken update just wasted several hours of my life!   

New Contributor
CONFUSED_BB_OWNER
My Device: CURVE 9360

Got AT&T on the phone and they helped! here is what they had me do. 

First- back up your address and contacts ONLY.  So you will have to go into Back up options and select only address and contacts.  IF YOU USE MEMOS AND TASKS, YOU WILL HAVE TO BACK THOSE UP AS WELL.  Once your back up is complete, then go to the next step.

Then, choose delete data and select the items that you just backed up. It will ask are you sure - click yes. 

Then, select your organizer data to sync, and only do one at a time (ie: contacts, then calendar, etc.)

It should sync correctly!

Please please please be sure to back up your data before doing this.  This worked for my problem, but I can't guarantee it will work for everyones!

Good luck!

New Contributor
CONFUSED_BB_OWNER

Sorry- I did move forward with v7 - and gave the "how to" on the posting before yours... I wish you all the best!

New Contributor
mstro
My Device: 9650

i downloaded the software and am having the same difficulty.  any suggestions?

New Contributor
CONFUSED_BB_OWNER

I got AT&T on the phone and they helped! here is what they had me do. 

First- back up your address and contacts ONLY.  So you will have to go into Back up options and select only address and contacts.  IF YOU USE MEMOS AND TASKS, YOU WILL HAVE TO BACK THOSE UP AS WELL.  Once your back up is complete, then go to the next step.

Then, choose delete data and select the items that you just backed up. It will ask are you sure - click yes. 

Then, select your organizer data to sync, and only do one at a time (ie: contacts, then calendar, etc.)

It should sync correctly!

Please please please be sure to back up your data before doing this.  This worked for my problem, but I can't guarantee it will work for everyones!

Good luck!

Contributor
lontjc
My Device: Curve 8520

Above solution seems to work if you wish to persist with V7.   The alternative is to uninstall V7 then download and install V6 all of which takes 10 minutes or so.  I got me back to where I was before V7 with everything working normally including sync between Outlook on my laptop and BB Curve 8520. 

New Contributor
mstro

thanks to both of you.  truly appreciated.

New Contributor
mstro

i tried and it didn't work for me.  tried calling blackberry, but can't get through.

i've love my blackberries, but i think it's time to go to an iphone.

New Contributor
Hoyts_International
My Device: Torch 9800

I Found a solution

After the Uddate caused the final step to hang during the Organiser Sync "Preparing sync preview" , I Removed Desktop manager using add/remove programs & rebooted my PC

Then I downloaded the install file from Blackberry's web site, then I configured the sync to replace data on the handheld = "One Way to your device only"(outlook is my primary source for Contacts, Calendar, Tasks & memos & that data is complete)

1 way sync worked well.

Then I changed the data sync settings back to Two way between your device and your computer.

It has worked very well ever since

Visitor
mattvanhill
My Device: Curve 9360

To the person with the "solved" marked on their post...

It worked for you because you don't seem to be using the calendar.  It is the calender that is the problem.  RIM seriously has dropped the ball on this one.

The problem is NOT solved.