Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: NEW PC DESKTOP SOFTWARE LOCK UP

[ Edited ]

Gidday Matt & All

mattvanhill wrote:

To the person with the "solved" marked on their post...

It worked for you because you don't seem to be using the calendar.  It is the calender that is the problem.  RIM seriously has dropped the ball on this one.

The problem is NOT solved.

Yeah, having only about 5,000 entries in my calendar doesn't help.

I don't use a diary for my business, up until very recently, I used a succession of Palm PDAs.

ALL of my historic data is kept in Outlook, and in my PDA (now a Torch 9810).

When the Tax Office asks, I can tell them where I was and why ...

However, this assumes that I can sync my handheld device and Outlook calendars, along with about 1,200+ contacts, plus notes, tasks and half a dozen or so databases ... Also any "mobile documents" that I may create or use.

Something that sort of, half, almost works is worse than useless to me.

Needless to say, I sync multiple times a day; and never less than once a day. That data is backed up multiple times, on multiple devices, on multiple PCs. Some of these are on removable media; about every 6 months I dump my Outlook and other files onto a DVDR. These are stored at the bank.

Maybe others have little need of these things, but they are extremely important to me; and seemingly to many others in all these threads.

BTW, an employee here deleted one of my posts in another thread because I posted a copy of the PM I sent to another employee. Is that shooting the messenger? Or what?

I expect that this post will also be deleted.

regards, JK

[EDIT] The post referred to above has been restored. [end edit]

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

I use the Calendar. it haS ~300 entries, Contacts ~ 1500, Tasks ~ 120, Memos ~ 400. I'm crossing my fingers it keeps working for me.
My Device: Curve 9300

Does anybody know if Blackberry is trying to help us ?