Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130

Need help getting phone back to normal after DTM wiped OS. 507 Error

[ Edited ]

So I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.1 with the new DTM for Mac to sync my 8130 Pearl.  Which by the way I never got an email stating it was released even though I signed up months ago to get the update once the software was available.  Then again I wish I never downloaded it.  Once I got it installed I allowed it to update my software as it wanted to.  I received an error message and then went and back-up my BB to my hard drive.  Once I had that completed and found the .bbb files I went through Applications again to update what I thought once a fluke crash during the first chance. (I had not bothered to go to forums ahead of time and was trying to get this working at 11pm)  The install seemed to be going ok until it said loading OS and then I had a second error message and this time my phone was an electronic brick with error code 507.  The DTM could not find my handset and I gave up after reading some of the postings and went to bed.  The next morning I called Bell and they are all behind the 8-ball as the first two technicians didn't even know the software was released.  They had no real solution for me except to call RIM and be charged some fee for technical support.

I decided to solve it myself with the help of these forums and went to work to find a PC.  Once I installed the DTM on a PC I took out the battery and inserted it back in after 30 seconds.  I then plugged in the USB and the DTM then found my handset.  From there I updated and restored the OS and the phone was back to a semi factory state.  I could now make calls but I had to log onto bell.blackberry.com and resend my Service Books.  PS for those who used this website before it is now under Help > Send Service Books.  This got my browser and email back up and working.  I then downloaded Black Berry app World and wanted to simply get back my Tiger Woods golf game I bought two days ago through the App Store.  I found several solutions to reconnect applications and games to a wiped phone and they all included going into My World> Menu> Log In. Once logged in to your pay pal you should see your purchases and reinstall it.  Problem is I never had to use paypal and I don't have a paypal account at all.  When I bought the game it was billed to my phone account and I just want to reinstall it now I have my phone back.  Any suggestions?

PS: Snyc works fine so far Address Book and iCal entries all were imported including numbers, pins, emails & addresses.

Thanks for helping 

Message Edited by leo8130 on 10-06-2009 09:30 AM
New Contributor
My Device: 8130 pearl

Re: Need help getting phone back to normal after DTM wiped OS. 507 Error

did it manage to find your pin or did it say 0? I am having the same problem. But when it tries to initialize the phone it can't make a sync and all I get is the 507 box with the little picture up above 

New Contributor

I fixed it by plugging it into a PC with DTM installed and reinstalling the OS.  For all those who have run into this it's too late for the solution I'm about to give.  But if you want to avoid the disaster that we all dealt with update the OS from within the handheld before you connect the the mac DTM.  That way the software doesn't need to update your OS in the phone and won't delete the USB drivers needed to connect with your mac and therefore won't crash halfway through the upgrade and only wipe the OS, causing the 507 error.

New Contributor

BTW the golf thing was a mistake on my part I actually purchased it through Pocket Express.  So I've reinstalled it now.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

how do you update the OS from within the handlheld?