Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
sickamore
My Device: Not Specified

New Blackberry Desktop Manager Mac sync error resolved

I know that many of you have been getting the sync error message specifically with address book however this may not resolve everyone problems if it does not apply to my problem I resolved. See below.

Problem: When syncing I would get a sync error during address book sync however I would see about 65% of my contacts showing on my BB tour the reset was not showing.

Solution: I used a address book utility to export my address to text file only Address Book Utility  then I deleted all groups and contacts in the Address Book on my Mac next I import the text file I created back to Address Book then I performed a sync with the option to remove all contact from BB Tour and all was sync no errors.

Hope this works for you all I couldn't be more happy thanks BB for a great software. 

Please use plain text.
anajulita

Re: New Blackberry Desktop Manager Mac sync error resolved

Thanks!!

It worked for me, and I have a Curve 8320!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bernd
My Device: Pearl 8100

Hi, thanks for this info. I'm having a similar problem but with the calendar. I have 3 calendars in my iCal application (Home, Work and Birthdays). When I synchonize these calendars, the progress bar advances to aprox. 70%  and then BB Desktop Manager stops responding (hangs) and I have to force quit Destop Manager. When I look at the calendars items on my BB there are a lot of events missing.

Any clue how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
silverlight99

[ Edited ]

bump....

I'm having this issue too with both contacts and calendars (I can't get anything to sync at all).  I do use multiple calendars and have a few groups setup in Address book.  It's no problem to live without groups in Address book, but would be a real issue with Calendar...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lmdo

I would also really appreciate finding a way to sync my contacts and calendars - I also have multiple calendars and groups! Thanks.

Please use plain text.
TCS
New Contributor
TCS

Interesting.  This is kind of the same thing happening to my client's Blackberry sync.  Sometimes leaving the device to sync on it's own will eventually finish after over 30 minutes to a hour waiting for it to sync, or it just stops responding.

Will try this technique soon as I get to the system and debug the issue.

Also I'm curious if Entourage and Address book sync is preventing the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync correctly as if the file is active and creating a loop trying to access that file during BDM sync.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
roccapuccia
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Thank you SO much! The Address Exporter tool worked and my contacts are all restored! Thank you so much!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
infinite

[ Edited ]

yeah but its been two desktop manager updates since device software 4.5 and we still can't sync our groups from our address books with a mac. bb needs to give an estimated update time on the issue. its a pain in the @ss and im not even gonna attempt to group over 300 contacts one by one. just another reason i should have bought my iphone already. this is bologna bull s***

does anyone know when bb plans to fix this

Please use plain text.
Visitor
dyzturbed
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

WOW!! thank you.. it worked for me too and i use bold 9000... i've been suffering with this all day!!! thank u v. much!

Please use plain text.
mwhdvm
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

I too wonder if this is a problem b/c during one of these long sessions waiting to see if my BB would actually sync my contacts w/o an error the Entourage Microsoft Sync Services crashed.  So leads me to believe this may be part of the problem.  I have turned that off and will try again but don't have results yet...

I'm having frequent errors trying to sync music to my media card from an iTunes playlist and it says it cannot find the media card even though the card shows up in my Finder and I can surf the card on the computer.  Says to make sure mass storage support is turned on.  So I go and check the settings - they're all correct.  So I turn mass storage support off, then back on, then resync the music and it works for the 1st time in 20 tries.  Annoying...

Please use plain text.