Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
Stuartg
My Device: Not Specified

New Blackberry Sync

I had some trouble with Verizon's Tour software update and they wanted to give me a new one. Panic struck me because I a great deal of trouble on my initial sync set up. To this day I don't know how to set Desktop Manager to up to sync, I had to hire someone. My Contacts and Calendar are synced to Apple's Address Book and  iCa. l If I get a new one and plug it in, will it sync as if it was the old one? 

Since it's a related subject, what if I get a new computer? Not planning to but it's inevitable.

Stu

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Office2Mobile
My Device: Curve 8320

Re: New Blackberry Sync

Stuartg,

Have you attempted to install the BlackBerry Desktop Software on the PC? You can download this by visiting BlackBerry.com or use the CD that came with you new BlackBerry.

Once you have completed the install you will find "Device Switch Wizard" as an option within the software. For further instruction i would read the Help thats availabe within the software as well.

Hope this helps,

Office2Mobile
Poor Service and the Worst Support provided by VarDynamics http://vardynamics.com/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Stuartg
My Device: Not Specified

Re: New Blackberry Sync

Thanks. I have Desktop Manager installed 1.0.2 (build 8). As far as what was on the disk. I bought my BB right before there was a Desktoop Mgr for Mac, so no Mac software. I don't see an option Device Switch Wizard. There is a Set Up Wizard on my BB.

Please use plain text.