Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
DaveB375
My Device: Bb 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

New Desktop Software destroyed my OUtlook Settings

Installed the new desktop software and it wiped out my computer email settings even though I choose not to synch email.  What a nightmare to rebuild everything.  I can't believe what a nightmare this is.  No warning, no nothing--suddenly the next morning when I started my computer Outlook says its starting for the first time and uses settings and accounts from two years ago! 

Be warned everyone--this will ruin your whole day!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: New Desktop Software destroyed my OUtlook Settings

Is the DMv7 sync working for you, then?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaveB375

Yes, it synched after i changed the configuration from Outlook to Intermedia.  No idea where the settings that it imposed on my computer's email came from since they were from two years ago and not the ones on either the BB or the desktop.

When I tried to use just Outlook, it hung like everyone else reported.  Seems BB changed the underlying synch system and did ZERO to provide an easy transition. 

As much as I like my BB, this is the last one for me unless someone buys the company and teaches them the basics of customer service. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaveB375

One more thing--because I have no clue as to why this happened I will never synch this BB again.  Will just recharge and time to get an Android.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

DaveB375 wrote:

One more thing--because I have no clue as to why this happened I will never synch this BB again.  Will just recharge and time to get an Android.

You know, we're volunteers who normally enjoy helping other users. I don't work for RIM.

Wise cracks like yours make it unpleasant. I'm trying to help you. You throw salt in the face of people who are kind to you, often?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DaveB375

No wisecrack intended at all.  Just a factual statement that because I don't know why this happened and from all the other reports on this site regarding the new software this does not seem to be an uncommon problem.  I have loved my BB but there issues are getting too common for me to continue to have faith in the products.

This kind of upgrade issue shows they did not QC the product through enough different configurations to make it reasonably bulletproof.  Outlook is the most common email application so it seems logical to me that they would've foreseen this problem.

Again, I posted this as much as a warning as a call for help.  I have been using computers for many years going back to mainframes and the earliest PC's so consider myself an educated user who should not have these kinds of issues ever.

My apologies if I offended you.

Dave

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Yes, no problem, you just have to understand that I don't disagree with you at all about wondering why RIM couldn't get it right. I may be one of their biggest fans, but I still call 'em as I seen 'em, and this wasn't ready for primetime. At all.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

We are aware of users reporting this issue of synchronizing with BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Please be patient as we are investigating the issue.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.