Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: VodaFone

Re: New Desktop s/w 7.0xx bundle 044

You may like to try rebooting you computer and then try...

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

ditto

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Might be over the top but I used CCleaner to remove V7 then used the "Cleaner" on Windows and the Registry. and if that wasn't enough, I ran "PC Tune-up" as well ...

Re-installed V6 and am back to normal.

New Contributor
My Device: plAybook
My Carrier: none

Tried that many times. All to no avail.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi.

FYI these KB's reference BlackBerry® Desktop Software 7.044 most were published 2/13 to 2/15. They may help address some of the issues reported.

Thought I would post them here for easy access.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Edit:

Links for the user guide and release notes for Desktop Software v7.00

User Guide - BlackBerry Desktop Software

Release Notes - BlackBerry Desktop Software

This link is to the RSS feed for Desktop Software v7.00

Latest published articles from the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center

KB29122 When attempting to configure PIM synchronization for the first time with Microsoft® Outlook® you are unable to complete the setup.

KB29783 After performing calendar synchronization with the BlackBerry Desktop software entries created by a delegate are not transferred to the smartphone

KB29124 How synchronization filters function during two way synchronization

KB29138 When configuring synchronization a prompt informs you that no Microsoft Outlook profiles have been created even if another application is to be selected

KB29771 When connecting a password protected device to BlackBerry Desktop Software the password prompt is not available

KB29144 Information is transferred to desktop mail client when “Create separate entries for conflicting data” when performing a one way synchronization to the device

KB29782 BlackBerry Desktop Software synchronization summary window displays an incorrect number of changes.

KB29774 Reminder for all day calendar event is incorrect on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB29131 When synchronizing future appointments entries sometimes appointments in the past may be transferred

KB29125 When configuring PIM synchronization for Lotus Notes field mappings and filter options appear blank

KB29772 Contact's title is displayed as "0" after two-way contact with Lotus Notes

KB29779 Invitees and dates fields are removed after synchronizing with Lotus Notes

KB29136 After synchronization with Lotus Notes contacts without a last name may have the first name placed in the last name field

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: 9630 tour

Any solutions for what appears to be a very common error =>  Freezes at   'preparing sync preview'

Solutions: 6,112
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

wrbeglin wrote:

Any solutions for what appears to be a very common error =>  Freezes at   'preparing sync preview'

Some users have said that it took 30 + minutes if they let the  'preparing sync preview' just sit, it finally completed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

We are aware of users reporting this issue of synchronizing with BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Please be patient as we are investigating the issue.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 9630 tour

Thank you, would also be nice if the ability to choose what date range in outlook is synchronized without changing anything else in Outlook.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

Hope that includes the fact that it will not repair and back tracks when attempted.