Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Newbie with problems opening an IPD file

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me asap please.........

I made a back up on my desktop manager in the usual way and everything was fine.  I then went onto my PC to try and open the blackberry backup IPD file.  I right clicked on the blackberry file and clicked....." open with" and stupidly clicked paint.  Somehow this changed all my blackberry back up files to paint files.

All I desperately want to know is.........

When I right click on the blackberry file on my pc and open the properties tab, in the general section the type of file shows IPD file, but underneath it shows Opens with:   what should this show please?

I have tried making another backup but each time it saves it to my pc it shows as an IPD file opening with Paint!!!

Any ideas anyone???  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you Smiley Frustrated

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Newbie with problems opening an IPD file

You won't be able to show the content of an IPD file from your desktop directly. There is an application called ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter which can help you in getting the data. You can find the application from the below link -
http://abc-amber-blackberry-converter.en.softonic.com/

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Newbie with problems opening an IPD file

Thanks Tamzin, only problem is I don't actually want to open the IPD file as I now realise I shouldn't be doing this anyway.  All I am trying to do is stop the file showing with the "open with Paint" icon and put it back to whatever it originally showed.  If it doesn't matter that it is showing with a paint icon even though it still says it is an IPD file then there is no problem.  I just didn't know if it would affect anything if I ever need to restore a file?

Thanks again, Karen