Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
jorgeuk
My Device: Not Specified

Newfound Syncing issue

I have for some time been using BB Desktop Manager 4.7 without any problems to sync my Address Book, Calendar and Notes via USB with my BB Curve 8310.

However, since recently performing a major update to my BB, I have encountered a new problem.

I should, first of all, say that I can still sync both my Address Book and Notes without any problem, the following issue only applies to the Calendar.

Despite the fact that my Outlook Calendar and BB Calendar both have the same entries, the Desktop Manager still wants to add the 140 entries to my BB. If I accept, I end up with all entries in duplicate (obviously conflicting with each other) on my BB.

I have, since this problem started, cleared my BB Calendar (by clearing the Calendar database in the Backup/Restore section). Upon syncing the first time, I go from 0 entries on the BB to the desired 140. However, the next time I try to resync, Desktop Manager wants to add yet another 140 entries, and I'm back to step one.

I have tried changing the setup of the Calendar configuration from two-way to one way (Outlook to Device), with exactly the same undesired results.

Can someone please shed some light on this issue?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TerryW
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: Newfound Syncing issue

This is probably a million miles from the solution but are the appointment times the same?

The reason I ask is because many years ago I had a similar problem when using a HP Ipaq as a sync device and it had a different time zone to one of the PC's. This in itself is not usually a problem as the software is clever enough to see this. However, when I corrected the time zone problem it left the appointments at the original time (ie did not move them to the correct time for the new zone) this then appeared as a different appointment when syncing, and duplicated them all.

As I say, probably not the problem, but only takes a few seconds to verify.

Terry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jorgeuk

Thank you, Terry... but indeed it is not the case.

The events in Outlook are faithfully copied to the BB, including their timezones.

Help, anyone?

Please use plain text.
Sprayman

I have suffered a similar fate on my 8310. In the end, the only fix I found was to convert the sync in the DM to one-way, Outlook to BB. It is a pain when out of office and changes need to be recorded, but I cannot figure out whats happening. Countless restores from old back-ups have proven unsuccessful and confusing. Hopefully DM 5.0 has a solution.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jorgeuk

I find it hard to believe the issue is with the DM, since before the BB update (with the same DM version) it has always worked perfectly well.

There has to be another way... it simply isn't acceptable.

Does anyone know a way of contacting customer support for Blackberry without the silly subscription?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dwynewallace
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Has this issue been addressed/resolved yet???

I have updated to the latest version of Desktop Manager with my Storm 2. I initially wiped out my device by replacing all calendar and address book items from Outlook 2007.

The one to one sync with my address book works fine. For calendar items a whole different story. The preliminary listing before I accept the two-way sync shows that all the items will be added back again, which would cause a bad problem.

Dwyne 

Please use plain text.