Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No option for Outlook

Hi Guys,

When configuring the synchronisation on desktop manager it's not giving the option to sync with Outlook even though it is installed. It shows Outlook Express, ascii and Yahoo but not Outlook.

Outlook has only recently been installed and wasn't setup with an email address it was just going to be used as a base for the contacts and calendar. A mail profile has been setup  in Control Panel > Mail, is there anything else that could stop Outlook from being detected?

Cheers 

Visitor

Re: No option for Outlook

I'm also interested in syncing my new blackberry curve 8330 with my outlook contacts and calendars folders.  A cursory review of the other forums sounds like I would need a server with MS Exchange or Blackberry Exchange Servcer to do this.  It that correct?  Is there any third-party software (I found nothing the Server blackberry.com web site) that would facilitate this without a server to push the data?  I have over 1,000 contacts and I don't really want to retype all that contact information.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Contributor

Hi,

I had no problems in syncing the Outlook with Blackberry Curve 8330.

However I used Palm Tungsten E2 before and I would like to make the sync with that desktop software, which I cannot. So I export/import into Outlook then I import from Outlook into BB.

Did you try to open Outlook in the same time when you import to BB?

Just a thought...

Taylor

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve

Hi,

Can you please confirm that BlackBerry is totally compatible with Outlook,is that i use the calendar/tasks and contatcs of outlook and if it is not 100% compatible than I can not buy a BlackBerry.

Also if I make changes in the BlackBerry to the tasks and calendars are they synchronised on the coputer.

Thanks and regards

Contributor

Hi,

It does sync for me and it does it correctly. I had no problem in sync between Blackberry and Outlook or Outlook Express.

It is interesting that I have them both so, for me it makes no difference.

I was interested in doing a sync with palm E2 but that is not possible for some reason stops at 1402, I found on this forum other people had the same complain.

So, if you have a Palm do then export it to Outlook then from Outlook then import in BB.

That way it works.

Good luck! 

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve

thanks for the reply Taylor
New Contributor

I can't get Desktop Manager to recognize my Outlook either.  Tried Thunderbird, doesn't see that either.  It sees Outlook Express, ACII, and Yahoo also.

My pearl worked fine, just got an 8310.  Installed 4.3 and now its no bueno.

Dave 

I just upgraded to the Curve with Desktop version 4.3 and had the same issue.  After some searching I was finally able to find that version 4.3 is only compatible with Outlook 2002 or later (for organizer data).  Email still forwards but nothing else in outlook synchs.  We are still using Outlook 2000!!!  You may want to check your Outlook version first.

New Contributor

Yeah, I figured out the Outlook 2000 issue at about 1:30 AM last night.  Seems to be the issue.  I just downgraded to 4.2.2.  Works fine.

Dave 

jwk

I tried the 4.2.2 version but it did not work for me.  Anything special that you did when using that version?

Wade