Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: No tab for "Folders" in advanced options for Calendar synch

see link from KapuKupaK above
New Contributor

New Contributor

Hi,  see link above for kapukupak 

New Contributor

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same problem. BB Bold 9650 running Desktop manager 7.1, Win 7 and Outlook 2010. It was a corporate BB that I had to assume the contract to keep number and got the device. Had to wipe the BB to remove IT policies.

Now cannot get Outlook contacts to synchronize even though they show to be in the folder that Desktop manager is pointing to. No error messages, just no contacts. Thought I would try to direct it to the file/folder directly but that tab is not visible. Is there some setting on the BB that hides this tab?

New Contributor

Hi,

how do you know that sync dir is point correcty to your contacts to sybnc?  if you cannot see tab folders and directory structure?

besides you can hav multiple mail boxes setup in you outlook with differrent contact 'databases'

if you are able to see folder tab you will make sure to point to correct mail box and contact folder in directory(by clicking folder dir structure)

If its a businss account I assume your company will use BES Blackberry Enterprice Server and not BIS (Blackberry internet Server) Contacts will be held and synchronisch and maintained via Outlook Exchange (Server)

Hope this helps you a little bit

Regards,

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Sorry, but This does not help at all actualy. As I stated, I am no longer with that company and using the BB for personal use. only options I have for contact sync are Mictosoft outlook or windows contacts in account settings and outlook profile "öutlook". In advanced contact settings there is a filters and fields tab and that is it.

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Now that we have switched domains it appears as though my BB desktop can see all of my folders.  Nothing changed with my desktop software.  We have recreated mailbox profiles within my Outlook client, however.  This seems to have done the job.

New Contributor

Hi,

Okay the switch from corp use to private was not clear to me in past I used  my company BB (with Lotus notes) mixed with outlook private.

I would suggest of downgrade your BB desktop manager v7  to v6. This fixed my issue. Link is menitoned vailable

for contact databases above I better could use contact address books

Make sure you link your device email profile with correct outlook calendar/notes/task and address book. Browse via Directory structure and device settings

tip:

start with single task eg notes and limited number of notes and first time one way from outlook desk top to Device and verify.........device after sync is finished

create a empty note on device and re sync after ajust sync option 2way on from device to laptop outlook

after sync is finish check laptop outlook notes. Test again to remove note from outlook, sync en re-check

you device.

If all works fine sync big chunks of data.

Regards,