Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
digitalghosh
My Device: Not Specified

Not able to sync with desktop manager for new 8700g

Hi, I had earlier used a blackberry 7100g, installed in my Microsoft XP notebook. I had uninstalled it earlier. Now, I see a reference of it in the control panel - add/remove programs. I tried to uninstall it and it keeps on refering to a file in the documents and settings/name/local settings/temporary files and it can't seem to find the source and so the program could not be completely uninstalled and it shows as Blackberry v4.0.2 for the 7100 series wireless handheld.

When I installed the new destop manager (v 4.2.1) which came along with my new 8700g today, it would not load the Desktop Manager at all. Some conflict was happening with the old 7100g.msi. So I uninstalled the new version (v4.2.1) and removed the file reference of Blackberry 7100g.msi from my windows registry.

I installed the new desktop manager again, now I can open the desktop manager and when i connect the device, by default a USB-PIN: 256168BA appears and when I select it and try 'Detect' - it keeps on throwing me the error 'please ensure that the device is connected' and then back to the USB-PIN detected.

I have also installed the Desktop Manager in another XP machine and that same USB-PIN appeared and couple of times the same message after trying to detect it. But soon it detected the device and showed as connected to the desktop manager. Is their some setting which I need to take care? Please help.
Please use plain text.