Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
HASLEric
My Device: 9300

OS 7 and OS 6

I am horribly confused.  I received a desktop upgrade request to OS7 which seemed logical.  When i installed it, it stayed as OS 6 and a bunch of repeated messages kept popping up on my computer that were most annoying - techno babble that I coudl not understand.

When i relaunched the desktop, it says I have Desktop 6 and not 7 and it will not synch.  Not Fun at all,

Can anyone help me? 

Forums Advisor II
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: OS 7 and OS 6

It didn't have anything to do with OS 7, not if you are using a 9300.  It would have been a Desktop Manager upgrade.

You might try it again.  Perhaps download the software and install it rather than the automatic upgrade.

- Ira
New Contributor
HASLEric
My Device: 9300

Thanks but it dd not work.  It keeps getting hung up on some previous calendar reservation and saying that Sync wont work due to some earlier reservations.  Was never an issue before.

Forums Advisor II
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Alright. It seems you are talking about another issue now.

Were you able to download and install the new version of the desktop software?

Whether your current version or the new version, what are you trying to do, that your refer to in your last post? Exactly what are you doing and what is the exact error message?

FYI sometimes a database on the BlackBerry gets corrputed and the sync errors out because of it. Another common problem is some glitch in the opposite database, such as an empty record or unrecognized character. In the former case, the solution is to clear the database and re-sync. In the latter, find the offending information and either correct it or delete it.
- Ira