Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Finisher
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Outlook 2010 Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.0

Hi,

I just got a new PC with windows 7 and 0utlook 2010.  I am not on an exchange server, nor do I have the Blackberry Enterprise Server.  I read the documents and understood that I could directly sync my Blackberry Curve with Outlook 2010 either going thru Bluetooth or USB.  I have been doing this on Outlook 2007 just fine.

Can I sync with calander and email with Desktop manager 6 and Outlook 2010 WITHOUT BES or Microsoft Exchange?

Please Help!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
er2joe
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)

Re: Outlook 2010 Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.0

If you are running 32-bit Outlook 2010, you should be able to sync your calendar with your device. You cannot sync your e-mail through the Desktop Manager, but you should be able to configure your device to retrieve your e-mail over its data connection. Of course, if you have a measured plan, that will cost you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Finisher
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Thank you so much!  The pc is for a client and she will send it back if it won't sync!  So you are a big help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dbdyck
My Device: Not Specified

That is the same configuration I currently run on my desk and it works very nicely.

Just make sure it is Outlook 2010 32bit. If it is the 64 bit version of Outlook it will not work.

Please use plain text.
redoyle
My Device: 9800

After days of searching to figure out why Desktop 6.0 was not recognizing Outlook 2010 (32 bit), I stumbled across it somewhere so now want to add it here and hopefully the word can spread.  Desktop 6.0 does not work with Outlook 2010 if you installed as "Click to Run". You must uninstall, go back to the download site, select "Advanced Options" and click on 32 bit and install this version (with no loss of setup, messages etc).

Once you install this version, everything works fine.  Grrrrr

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marckyr
My Device: torch

how did you find the advanced option ??? im having the same problem but cant figure out the advanced install option

thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gibler
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Are you suggesting uninstalling Outlook 2010 and reinstall or the DM 6.0? I think this might be my problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marckyr

so i have reinstalled my 32 bit outlook and have tried both 5.0 and 6.0 desktop nothing is working   any new help ??   please and thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marckyr

OK so heres the deal..........if you are switching to 7 and 2010, you MUST NOT USE THE "CLICK TO RUN" versions of office or outlook. As the program is "virtual" and BB Desktop will not recognize it at all. Once i removed the Office it worked first shot ! it only took about 12H on the phone to figure it out !!!! But it totally worked seamlessly now no make sure your Microsoft Software is freestanding versions !! MK

Please use plain text.