Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Outlook 2010 sync solution - from Blackberry Solution Center

i am using with DM 5.0.1 and Ouklook 2010 and have no problems syncing. i am using rtm version

so when it gets released to the public you wont have a problem

My Device: 9700

Sorry do you use a 64bit version of Office? .. I have office 2010 rtm 64bit and sync cannot work.. :smileysad:

New Contributor
My Device: Tour

Really?

ok I have 2010 RTM (gold) x64 installed - does not sync.  Bummer.  I have stuck with the blackberry (over andriod) cause I like the business focus and onebox (twitter/email/mms/text etc)... but this might be the window I was looking for to switch.  Not sure what's up RIM... your already behind on devices and software.. I know office 2010 is small group now but I think the beta has been around for at least 6 months no?

New Contributor
My Device: Tour

I'm using RTM 2010 x64 with 5.0.1.37 it says...

"either there is no default mail client or the current client cannot fulfill the message request..."

not working.. did you get that at all ...? (or are you x86)

New Contributor

i tested office 2010 with x86 version and works. i will see if i can get it setup with a 64bit version and see if the problem appears.

will report back soon

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I too have been battling with this problem for a month. I installed the released 2010 version on a new laptop running windows 7.

It is the 32 bit version.

Please will some at RIM look into this seriously as I know many people are having this issue.

Thanks in advnace

Lawrence

My Device: pearl flip

I am having the same issue!  Is there any plan to resolve this soon? 

Solutions: 6,068
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Karenallison wrote:

I am having the same issue!  Is there any plan to resolve this soon? 

RIM rarely ever announced their software upgrades in advance.

It's a wait and see time. I'm sure at some point Outlook 2010 will be included.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Innocent that I am, I installed Outlook 2010 (beta) on my computer. It synced seamlessly with my Blackberry Curve 8900 (OS 4.6) using Blackberry Desktop Manager version 4. When I upgraded the Desktop Manager to version 5.0.1, it still would sync.

I just upgraded my Blackberry to a Bold 9700 (OS 5). Now it will no longer sync with Outlook. I now get the "No available message stores" message.

The fact that the sync would work with one device and not with another indicates that it is NOT the case that "BlackBerry Desktop Manager does not have a compatible connector for Microsoft Outlook 2010" as was stated above. There is something else at work here.

The question now is where is the incompatibility?

When will RIM release a fix--even if it is a "beta fix?"

BTW, removing Microsoft Office 2010 and replacing it with Office 2007 is NOT a solution to this problem.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Since Outlook 2010 is still in beta it's not yet a problem.

As said several times above, I'm sure they're working on it and they will eventually fully support 2010.  Until then, while posting the issues you have with it and searching for a solution is fine and maybe someone will come up with a fix, but anyone who installs anything that says "beta" takes the risk of this happening.  I remember when Outlook 2007 came out, there were incompatibilities then, too.  That's just the way it is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!