Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
tillig
My Device: Curve 8330

Outlook Recurring Meeting Alarms Always Cleared by "Remove Alarm for Past Appointments."

Using version 4.3 of the desktop software and syncing to a Curve, I've set the synchronization with Outlook to synchronize only future appointments and clear the alarm for past appointments.

If I don't set "clear the alarm," then there are certain recurring meetings that Outlook will alert me about that happened days ago - the sync somehow "restores" the alarm for past instances.

If I set "clear the alarm," then the alarm gets cleared for the entire recurrence, including future instances. Then I don't get alerted in Outlook or on the BB about the meeting and I forget it's coming up.

(I also noticed that there's this contention between Outlook and the sync regarding attendees on these same meetings - one will set it one way, then on sync the other will overrule... but I don't actually see any differences in the values. I don't know if it's related, but it seems to be otherwise harmless.)

It could very well just be those appointments, but has anyone else seen this? Anyone know of a fix?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tillig
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Outlook Recurring Meeting Alarms Cleared by "Remove Alarm for Past Appointments."

I've flattened my computer since this and reinstalled everything - Windows XP, Office 2007, etc. - from the ground up. No local profile corruption or anything. It still happens. It also happens on appointments that have been created since the reinstall, so I know it's not just the appointments. It's something to do with the way the synchronization manager handles alarm settings and recurrences. (I also see that contention on meeting attendees on the new meetings.)

Unfortunately, I've resorted to leaving the "clear the alarm" box unchecked because I can't afford to miss meetings due to lack of alarm. I've accepted the fact that a laundry list of ancient meeting alerts will pop up in Outlook every time I sync and I just need to "Dismiss All" and ignore them. It still feels broken, though. I shouldn't have to do that.

Anyone seen a way to fix this? Bueller?

Please use plain text.