Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
7PedRad2
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Password for Desktop software

BlackBerry Desktop software asks for password for my Bold 9700, allowing 10 tries. It will not accept the password that works on the Bold 9700 itself. What's the trick here ? Thanks for any assistance

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Password for Desktop software

Hello,

Actually, it is the exact same password. But, what is likely happening is that the password you think you are typing on your BB keyboard is not sending the characters you think it's sending. On your BB keyboard, enter your password slowly, and watch the screen as you do...you should get just a moment to see each character in the clear, before it changes to *. You will likely be surprised by what you see.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
7PedRad2
My Device: Bold 9700

Thanks for the quick Reply; On the B'Berry Bold 9700 I thought I was entering an easily remembered number. Actually, I was entering a series of letters and the Desktop software requires these letters from the keyboard. [Blush}.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Yup...as suspected! You are very welcome...cheers...and enjoy!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
andrewlamb42
My Device: Bold 9000

Thanks, solved my problem in seconds (so simple)
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
tgguy101
My Device: 9320

good job on that issue