Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
zahk07
My Device: 9800

Pc desktop manager

I have been unable to install the desktop manager on my laptop. The program downloads and apparently installs but when I click the icon it tries to open and then I get a message that windows is having problems with it and will try to find a solution to fix the problem. It does not. I am running windows 7 professional . This problem has persisted over several weeks. I have installed, deleted temp files and reinstalled without success. It was working fine in the States where I had ver 7 of the desktop manager. I have changed laptops and am currently in UK where only ver 6 is available. Can anyone help? Please.
New Contributor
jasdeese
My Device: Curve 9330

Re: Pc desktop manager

Welcome to the club.  If you go through some of the topics, you will find that your problem is an ongoing problem with others especially those of us with Windows 7 64 bit.  I have found, however, a temporary, but time-consuming fix.  Go to CONTROL PANEL and click PROGRAMS AND FEATURES.  Then in the right margin, click TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF and wait for the list of features to load in a new window.  Go down the list until you reach MICROSOFT.NET FRAMEWORK 3.5.1 and remove the check mark making sure that the check mark has been removed from the two subfolders.  Then click OK and wait for the computer to shut down and reboot.  After the computer has rebooted, go back to CONTROL PANEL > TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF > MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK 3.5.1 and check the folder making sure the two subfolders are checked.  Then click OK and wait for the computer to restart the MICROSOFT.NET FRAMEWORK 3.5.1 which will take a couple of minutes.  There is no need to reboot.  Once the MICROSOFT NET FRAMEWORK 3.5.1 is turned back on, you may then launch BLACKBERRY DESKTOP MANAGER.  But beware!  You will only have one chance to load the DESKTOP MANAGER.  Once you have closed it, it will not launch again and you must go through the same time consuming process to launch it again. 

RIM is aware of this problem but has done nothing.  I'm really psst off because every time I need to scynch my phone with the computer, I must go through this painstaking process.  Good luck.