Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
chatwithmd
My Device: Blackberry 8320
My Carrier: AT&T

Personal Folders on Blackberry Not Updating and Sync to Outlook Personal Folders Not Working

Hello,

I have been using my blackberry for many years (through many models) to sync email messages to my outlook personal folders (via desktop manager-synchronize-reconciliation-Personal folder synchronization). All of a sudden the messages are not reconciling. No major change of hardware, software etc. I've tried creating a new set of personal folders in Outlook and setting up Desktop Manager to sync with that instead and the blackberry doesn't even pick up the new personal folders structure (which is different to the personal folders I was using). If I file messages either on the bb or in Outlook then the change is not tracked in the other place.

Has anyone seen the personal folders getting out of sync like this? Please don't tell me I have to cream the bb memory and sync again from scratch....

I'm using Desktop Manager 5.0.1.37.

Thanks,

Mark.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chatwithmd

Re: Personal Folders on Blackberry Not Updating and Sync to Outlook Personal Folders Not Working

Replying to my own post...

Having not heard anything from this forum, I tried something else. I went to the backup restore and cleared the folders database. Now there are no user created folders and the  "file" button is not available in email. I synced again, and still nothing. The sync reads the email messages on the device and then just moves on - doesn't create folders according to what it is in my personal folders or sync any changes made on the desktop.

This is very frustrating. If no-one has seen this before can anyone point me to diagnostic information I could look at or other things to try to resolve this?

Help!

Thanks,

Mark.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chatwithmd

Re: Personal Folders on Blackberry Not Updating and Sync to Outlook Personal Folders Not Working

Another reply to my own post, and this is getting WORSE!

By complete coincidence my desktop prompted me tonight to update the desktop software to v6.0. I did this thinking that it would be good to have the latest and it might also fix my problem with syncing the folders. Not even close...

Now, there doesn't seem to be an option in the desktop software any more to sync your outlook personal folders! Why would this functionality be taken away??? I'm starting to think it's time to consider a different smartphone. :smileysad:

Hopefully I'm missing something...?

Please use plain text.
mrgorman
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I am having the very same problem....what ever happened to 'don't fix it if it ain't broken'...

I was considering uninstalling V 6.0 and going back to the previous version but it appears that your problem started prior to the installation of version 6.0.

Perhaps, as you suggested,  this is a functionality that has been removed..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
toddshillington
My Device: Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem....I've been syncing my email to my personal folders for years now and all of a sudden I can't do it anymore with desktop manager 6???

I really hope this is reconsidered or maybe I'm missing something.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mtown405
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: US Cellular

I can't find the Reconciliation function at all on 6.0. 

I think I'm going back to 5.  Reconciliation is a required feature for me to deal with the offline Outlook folders I have on my PC.  It's the only way I've found to get rid of the messages on my Blackberry that I've moved to offline folders on my PC.

John

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chatwithmd

I've gone full circle. Today I wiped the memory of my blackberry, uninstalled v6, reinstalled v5, and got everything running again (even the folder sync which was broken in my original post). Two lessons:

- don't rush to v6

- sometimes a wipe of memory isn't as bad as you think...

MD

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dl99
My Device: 9000

I had the same problem with 6.0

Yesterday, I uninstalled it and installed 5.0.1.  When running sync with 5.0.1, I get a "undefined error" message.   I uninstalled it and re-installed it again - same problem.  Should I go back to 5.0.0?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mtown405
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: US Cellular

I uninstalled 6, and then reinstalled 5.0.1.  No problems.

Did you uninstall 6 before installing 5?

John

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
macdvd
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having the same problem. I read a related thread where users explained that this might be a problem with the registry. Several recommend to do a clean reinstall of V5.01. Look a this technical papers.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04840

You might also need to change your registry. I haven't been able to test this approach because I having this problem with my work computer, and I don't have the credentials for chaining the registry or un/installing RIM products. I'm waiting for IT to help me with this. If your try it and works, please post your result.

Please use plain text.