Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 8100

Photos

I use the Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac with my Blackberry Pearl 8100. It woeks fine to sync my data. But how do it download the photos from my phone to my computer???

Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Photos

1. Go to Options >> Media Card

(some themes or BlackBerrys may call this "Settings >> Media Card")

2. Check the following settings (if they are not listed this way, then change to reflect the following:

a) Media Card Support: On

b] Mass Storage Mode Support: On

c) Auto Enable Mass Storage: Yes

3. Save the settings and exit

Now, connect your blackBerry device to the USB > to your Mac, and drag and drop the photos as you desire.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the advice but I am not using e memory card, which is probably why this is not working.

The photos are on my phone memory.

When I plug the phone into the USB port, the destop manager comes on. I do not see the phone as an attached device when I go in the finder.

Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yea you need a media card before you deplete the device memory on the BlackBerry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks. Do you mean that if I insert  a media card I can transfer my photo from me phone memory to the media card then do as above?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have had to do this in the past:

To move photos from internal memory to media card...

Once you have a Media card installed, on the BlackBerry, find the Media application and open it.

Press the menu button and select Explore.

Browse to Device memory > home > user > pictures
Choose your photo. Select menu. Choose Move. Select your destination - move to the new Media card.

Yes, do this for each photo.

Then connect the BlackBerry to the computer, so the Media card mounts and pull the pictures off.

New Contributor

Thanks to everyone. Will try this.

Just got my IPhone. My life will get easier now.

New Contributor
My Device: 8100 Pearl

Thank you for your previous post.  I am unable to find the send to...location once a picture is selected.

I too am trying to move photos from internal memory to media card so I can get pictures off.  I am able to send them one at a time via Bluetooth.  I was hoping for an easier way to get them to the media card.  Once they are there(originally sent there when picture taken with that as the setting location) they are visible to my MAC and I have normal access.

If it is not possible to send them en masse or easier than by Bluetooth.  Is there a simpler way if attached to a PC?  When hooked up to a PC does the computer see Blackberry internal memory as a drive?  Or is media card only visible still?

Thanks

Phil

T-Mobile with Pearl 8100 on a MAC Beta Desktop Installed
V4.2.1.107(Platform 2.3.0.83)
Apps space 20972692/64336352
BB 4.2 Core, System 4.2, BB Attachment, Messenger 4.2, Brickbreaker , Browser, MemoPad, and Phone 4.2
My Device: Bold

Re: Photos downloading to Mac

I don't have the right choice offered under options.  

Also,  the Blackberry doesn't show its icon on my Mac or put itself on the devices list in iphoto.

Now what ?