Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
Bombay642
My Device: Playbook 2.1.0.1314

Playbook won't sync after I updated software

I updated and using the usb cable when I tried to upload my media to my Vista pc it wouldn't because the software could not see any data on my playbook. Under the Sync button it offered to

configure or  sync anyway. Configure did nothing ( it did depress but nothing) and sync anyway said there was no data. The window opens to back up device but nothing happens. I had to do a force quit.  I uninstalled the Blackberry Playbook software from my PC and reinstalled it (as well as rebooting every device). Same story. It also takes about 8 minutes for the Playbook to connect to the computer. I have not tried using wifi to move my data. I am traveling and often do not have wifi.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bombay642

Contributor
Bombay642
My Device: Playbook 2.1.0.1314

Re: Playbook won't sync after I updated software

Since yesterday I have tried lowering my firewall ( while offline) and that increased my optimism as the "Searching for Updates ' window appeared. But it still did not find any data in the videos or pictures filesAgain when I touched the 'sync all' button at the bottom the window says "Yourorganizer data isn't configured for synchronization." I hit sync, and no action happens.

I tried to pair my device through Bluetooth, a feature I have never used on my computer. It failed to connect, though I haven't the manual for the pin number as I am traveling for 5 months and didn't pack it.

We use wifi at this hotel and now with all these changes to the Playbook, it seems to drop wifi every couple minutes, though it is still conected on the computer.

I have scrounged the help sections, which have no advise for this specific problem. The '?" in the corner of the Blackberry Destop Software in a very existential way says I do not have Blackberry Destop software installed.

How can RIM expect to play ball with the big boys if the support for their devices is nonexistent. This has wasted hours of my time.

Bombay642

Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

Re: Playbook won't sync after I updated software

Looking at your first post it seems you are trying to sync music and other media from Playbook to Vista PC. Not sure it works that direction any more than syncing from Ipod to PC will work. Drag and drop using two explorer windows would seem more likely to work. (see link)

The 8 minute delay in creating a network is a typical "feature" of Vista. Upgrade to Win7 if you can, not just for this problem but it is ten times better and faster (not as good as Mac OSX but that's a lifestyle choice)

Bluetooth between two computers (one being Playbook) is a non-starter.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26068    check out th USB section in there too.